Chapter Eight- A Day Out With Miss Lace

"Victoria," I spoke, in an attempt to get her attention, after a moment she widened her eyes at me before speaking back.

"Be quieter, we don't want Miss Ice-Cold Princess over there hearing us," I was subtley amused at how similar her nickname was to the one I had come up with for her. Keeping the volume of my voice down I continued to speak. 

"Are you going to tell me why you seem so... well, you are hiding behind a clothes stand, Victoria," she narrowed her eyes at me, and folded her arms against her chest. Then she sighed before speaking again "Here's some cash, go pay while I...work out my escape route," This girl sure was something. 

 I was reluctant, but I eventually shook my head in slight disbelief of her sudden loss of cool, and went to pay for the rather large amount of clothing that Victoria had managed to obtain. Oh, I was telling her after making me walk around the store like a  kind of scape-goat all morning, she needed to let me borrow more of her clothes. 

Once I paid for the things I walked back over to the clothes stand. Victoria wasn't there- but Swan had also seemed to be no where in sight. Oh great, I thought. Let's just hope they weren't outside having a catfight or...killing eachother, or something equally as ridiculous. 

I swear, you placed two drama queens face to face and hell broke loose, I knew I didn't really know Swan, at all, to be precise, but she seemed the dramatic tiype from overall first impressions, plus the way that Victoria reacted towards her made it evident that something was going on behind her angelic exterior. 

Once I had made myself fairly sure of the fact that Victoria had indeed not hidden herself behind another shelf of clothing, I left the store and looked around outside for the ice queen. 

Boom. I thought, as I noticed her sat on a bench under a tree not far from where she had parked her car. Also, luckily enough she didn't have Swan stood next to her, so there would be no drama today.

I hoped. 

I was spending the day with Victoria Lace, after all. 

I walked over to her, she blew a sugar-pink bubble of gum and then when it popped, she proceeded to chew on it some more. 

She adjusted her sunglasses to meet my blue eyes with her grey ones. They didn't seem to look so cold anymore. I was either imagining this difference or Victoria was warming up to me, but then of course, she spoke and snapped me out of that idea. 

"You certainly took your time," Excusez moi. I sighed and passed her the bag, we (meaning Victoria) quickly walked over to her car (while I trailed slightly behind again) "Come on Greene, you didn't think that was it, did you?" Victoria began to walk up the sidewalk. Yay. More walking, fantastic. I should have feigned death. A small smile crept to my lips in amusement of that thought. All this talk of Victoria when I could be just as dramatic. 

Victoria stopped in front of another (cough, expensive, cough) shop, and had walked in before I even got to stand a short distance away from her. 

I walked into the store and took a moment to take in my surroundings, there was jewellery and lots of it. The sight of the dozens upon dozens of gem-stone encrusted items that gleamed at me almost made my eyes hurt a litte. 

I finally identified Victoria in the cue of people who waited to pay for their items. She certainly didn't take as long here as she had in the clothes store. This could have been a new time record for Victoria.

Instead of telling me to follow her, Victoria just waved at me in a way to signal it, we both left the store and then stopped outside. "Hmm, I bought you something," She did what? With her money? To think that all of that stuff looked way out of a kate greene shopping budget. It was apparent that my roommate had in fact been replaced with an alien replica. 

"Let's go sit on that bench, I don't want you dropping your gift," 

What was it, a snake? 

We headed over to a bench and Victoria patted the space for me to sit down next to her. She first took out her own necklace, and put it around her neck before turning to me "Well..." she started, "I thought being the generous person I am, I would get you something as a thank you for helping me out today," she took out a lilac-bowed box and passed it to me. I immediately opened it, and looked momentarily up at Victoria who raised an eyebrow at me. Inside the box was a bracelet, it was sterling silver and had both cat and bunny charms on it. 

"Thanks Victoria..." I started to speak, while I admired the piece of jewellery in my lap.

I couldn't keep this.

"But... I can't accept this," I continued, she waved me away, an annoyed expression on her face. 

"It's nothing, honestly. Try it on," she told me, in which I attempted to do yet failed with the fiddly clasp, Victoria sighed in frustration and pinched the bridge of her nose, as she was famous for doing when she hung around me, and said "Here," 

She grabbed my wrist with a little too much pressure, but I ignored it. Victoria adjusted the bracelet and closed the clasp on it. "There. it...suits you," she uttered the last part quietly, but I noticed it. "Was that a compliment?" Victoria smirked, and waved me away again, as if I was a moth or something pestering her, and then stood up. "Come on," she said, and I followed her back over to her car.  She pressed the button on the key and the car responded by beeping, a robotic voice spoke "Welcome back, Miss Lace," Wow, that was the sound of expense. 

As we both got in her car once again, my mind drifted to the events of the past hour.

What had just happened?

Victoria had been nice. That's what had happened.