Chapter Forty-Two- What Are We?

I spent a brief few moments wondering if I had just heard what I thought Victoria had said.

She loved me?

Zachary just shook his head slightly before walking away, Victoria's eyes fluttered close in frustration, she hadn't noticed me which I was thankful for...I don't think she would want me to know until she was the one to tell me herself.

Victoria stood for a moment, as if in thought about what she had just said to Zachary. 

I mean, that may have been a time to walk out and be like "Surprise!" but I wasn't holding the outcome of doing that in high regard...

Victoria had just admitted that she loved me.

I wasn't too sure what to do now, as I couldn't tell her that I overheard her saying that...or maybe I could. 

Either way, I wasn't going to do anything of the sort at the moment. 

I think I was turning into a human shaped tomato, but I may be exaggerating.

Then again...I don't think I had ever felt myself going that red ever before in my life than that very moment.

Before I could head over to try to talk to Victoria, Zachary showed up again.

I had to internalize a groan...he hadn't caught on to Victoria wanting him to leave her alone, at all. 

"So...you're a what now? A lesbian or some crap?" He said, his voice harsh.

I didn't see why it really mattered to this dude...

"It's none of your business. Maybe I am...you have that effect on girls," Victoria joked.

"Shut up."

"Well, there was Stacey, Gwen...can't forget Leah,"

Zachary just rolled his eyes and walked away, Victoria smirked for a moment, but it was soon replaced with an annoyed look.

Before I could even speak with her, Victoria pushed past Zachary and seemed to be on route to head back to our dorm. 

Zachary's eyes met mine and in a moment of panic I tried to turn away but Zachary just had a fake smile on his face, as he headed over to me.

"Well, I hope you two are very happy together," he stated.

"We will be," I said in return. 

He shook his head in slight disbelief, and turned away, briefly turning back to me as if to say something else but seemed to decide that it wasn't worth the effort, thankfully. I didn't want to have to deal with him, in all honesty, I had other Victoria-related things to deal with.

I decided to pluck up whatever courage I had and go to speak to Victoria, so I headed back to our dorm room. 

Well, I was on my way there, until Fox and Margo bumped into me.

"She's being annoying..." Fox told me, but couldn't help but smile when Margo nudged her gently.

"Oh? What has she done this time?" I asked, playfully raising an eyebrow at Margo who just shrugged.