Chapter Thirty- Swan's not so bad?

I was on my way to get some more art supplies when I ended up bumping into the only Margo Rodriguez.

"Hey Greeny," she greeted, with a pearly white smile. I noticed she had a latte in her hands, and my first question was: spiced or pumpkin? Over the past few weeks, and the increasing amount of empty latte containers I was finding in her and Fox's room I was beginning to realise that Margo was quite the caffeine addict.

"I'm tired," she said.

"That;s what happens with coffee,"

She sighed.

"Not what I meant,"

"Oh?"

Margo wasn't being her usual perky self, and with the note I had seen that fox had left in her hands, I realised why.

"What's up?" I enquired.

"Fox went out," Margo replied.

"Oh she did?"

"Mm, she...well, we got drunk the other night and I said some stuff I shouldn't have,"

I thought for a moment, and then asked how she hadn't mentioned it before.

"I don't like to think about it. I'm tired of Fox and I fighting, you know? Well, it's hardly fighting but...I hate her ignoring me like this,"

"But there's a good reason why she left that note,"

"Ha, yeah. She reminded me to get my prescription later," she stated.

"There's Fox," I replied.

"The responsible one," Margo finished, taking a sip from her latte and then looking at it in disappointment when she had realised she had finished it.

"They need to make these things larger,"

"Isn't that a large?"

"My point exactly," Margo replied, to which I nodded.

Margo sighed, and I sighed.

We were both having girl problems, it seemed, and not just standard girl problems either. I still needed to confront Victoria about her sudden personality change from her party a few nights back, and the whole liking me thing...if she still liked me, that is.

"I like Fox, but...it's just the girl thinks I don't,"

"Why don't you tell her?" I asked, as she handed me the cup of her latte and I put it into the bin.

Margo shook her head slightly.

"I would if I could," she replied, and I waited for her to continue.

Margo looked down towards the chipped black nail polish on her nails with a frown, and then met eyes with me.

"She's everything I could ask for, but..."

"But?"

"This isn't the easiest thing to mention but my ex-girlfriend was a total nightmare, she left a lot of scars I'm still getting over and in all honesty, you know I act carefree, but I feel like I need to get over what I went through with her before I get into another relationship,"

"Total nightmare?"

Margo nodded. "I think the relationship would have gone more swiftly if I wasn't accused of cheating ever few days," she stated.

"Sorry, Margo," I frowned.

"Yeah, so am I," she replied, and then forced a smile.

"Anyways, what's going on with you and Vicky?" she questioned.