Chapter Twenty-Eight- I Think It Was Fairly Obvious, But...

Victoria was stood opposite me, and I was stood there wondering what to do next.

I mean, I knew, it was more the taking part in her 'condition' that made me nervous.

Victoria's eyes held amusement, as she stood there waiting.

"If you really want to know..." she started.

I gave a small nod, and moved closer to her, Victoria looked shocked at first, as if she didn't believe I would actually go ahead with it, and then I kissed her.

Victoria's eyes closed on instinct when I pressed my lips gently against her own, and she kissed me back. 

It seemed the kiss ended too soon after it had begun, and I didn't know how to feel after it had done so.

Surprised, confused, and even more so infatuated with the girl who stood next to me.

"So...Victoria-" I smiled, about to ask the question at this point I was entirely convinced I knew the answer to.

I just wanted to hear her say it.

"-who do you like?" I continued.

Victoria opened her mouth to answer but was interrupted when someone else spoke.

"Kate, Margo is drunk out of her brain," Fox said.

Firstly, for a glimpse of a moment, I thought about whether Fox had seen what had just occurred between Victoria and I, but her expression was unreadable.

Secondly, I wondered where that expression had come from...I'd only ever heard Fox use it before, but imagine being so drunk your brain just said 'goodbye...'

Having the strangest thoughts was beginning to become one of my hobbies, it appeared.

"We should get going," Victoria replied.

"I think I'm going to get a friend to drive my car home for me," she said, briefly showing us some money.

Apparently, when you're Victoria lace, bribery gets you everywhere.

Then again, it didn't seem as if it was needed. I didn't know anyone who wouldn't do as Victoria requested, apart from Swan, of course.

Victoria got out her phone to call a taxi after handing the money to one of her friends, who hadn't drunk, and then the four of us walked outside of the club to wait for the taxi to arrive. The air was cold, but bearable as there was no wind, but Victoria was shivering.

"Here," I said, passing her my coat.

Victoria looked at it briefly before taking it from me and putting it over her shoulders.

"Thanks, Kate," she gave a small smile.

Her cheeks were pink from the cold.

We still hadn't had much of a chance to talk about the kiss since it happened.

I just hoped that it would happen again.

I was screwed...

While we remained outside the club waiting, Fox pulled me over to speak with me, alone.

"What happened back there?"

"I think it was fairly obvious but, I kissed Victoria Lace,"

"How drunk are you?" Fox asked, her eyes flashed with a mix between shock and amusement.

I didn't have the chance to reply when the taxi pulled up, Fox and Margo got in first, with Fox sat in the front next to the driver, and Margo who remained awake for a short amount of time before drifting to sleep in the back.

At least, I thought she was asleep.

Victoria and I headed into the back and sat next to her.

Margo mumbled beside us something about taco sheep, she was definitely asleep.

Victoria smirked, her eyes looking to mine in the low lighting of the car, and then they fell on my lips. Without saying anything, next thing I knew was that her strawberry lip-glossed mouth was on mine, and everything else fell away, at least briefly, because she ended the kiss after the taxi driver cleared his throat.

Right.

I had almost forgotten where I was; almost, thanks to one Victoria Lace.

"Did you two just kiss? Am I awake or am in one of my gay dreams again; when will Cara Delevingne get here and kiss me?" Margo asked with a sleepy tone.

Fox turned around to us for a moment, an eyebrow raised at Margo.

I don't think she could blame her, the girl was talking about Cara Delevingne.

Victoria exchanged a look with me and her already present smirk grew.

Margo could be amusing.

Drunk Margo was something else entirely, it seemed.

Once we got back to our dorm room, Victoria was quick to climb into her bed and fall asleep. We hadn't been out that long, though the evening had felt like hours simply based on what had passed. Had Victoria and I actually kissed? Maybe I was in one of Margo's dreams...

I thought about it too much, maybe Victoria had just been drunk and it was some kind of dare she would laugh about. My heart sunk at that thought, I hoped not.

Victoria mumbled in her sleep before drifting off again.

At least, I thought she had, but then she spoke again.

"Kate, why are you so cute?"

"I think you need a better prescription on your contact lenses,"

"No...I have twenty-twenty vision, and Kate is really cute vision,"

"Are you drunk?"

Victoria laughed gently.

"If you want me to be," she replied.

I think that may have answered my question.

A few moments passed by, so I was convinced Victoria had gone back to sleep, and turned over in the bed to close my eyes, trying to get some sleep myself, if that was even going to be possible. For one thing; I had kissed Victoria lace; for another, I had drunk some of the alcohol that Margo had given me, and I always struggled to sleep after drinking. I was a lightweight, it couldn't be denied.

"Greene, I like you more than I should," she said quietly.

There was silence for a moment, and then she continued.

"You don't have to say anything, maybe it'd be easier that way..."

"I like you too," I replied.

I could only imagine Victoria smiling in the dark.

"That's a relief, otherwise I don't know what I would do," she said.

I heard Victoria shift in her bed and then she moved over to my own.

"Kate,"

"Yes?"

"Thanks for being you, you're sweet," she said, and then kissed me once more, before heading back over to her bed and falling asleep.