Chapter Twelve- Goodbye Zachary

Victoria turned from Zachary to Swan before she spoke "Zachary, I don't know what that kiss was about...nor do I even want to know, but just...don't talk, text or speak to me anymore. Don't bother, Zack," Victoria's voice remained calm yet the look on her face told me that she felt otherwise. 

Victoria turned her back on the both of them yet Zachary walked forward, and spoke in an attempt to get her attention "Victoria, listen I-" 

"No," she cut him off, defiance was clear in he voice. 

"I-" seemingly, he struggled for words. There was no way you were going to turn this around, Zack.

Victoria ignored him, muttered a "Goodbye Zachary,"and walked over to a group in the corner who began to talk to her.

Zachary frowned and spoke to Swan, his eyebrows were furrowed together and there was a clear tone of sarcasm in his voice "Thanks for that," 

Swan's expression remained serious "Oh, don't worry Zachary babe, she's not even into guys anyway..." she placed a hand on his shoulder that he quickly shook off, before she proceeded to speak again, "I don't entirely understand why you stayed with that mock Barbie doll  for as long as you did,"I found this a slightly odd remark because if anyone looked considerably like Barbie, it was Swan, not Victoria. "Let's go dance, babe,"she trailed off. I then had to pause for a moment. Had I heard this correctly? Victoria wasn't even into guys? Well, there must've been something there for her to have dated him, right? I tried not to overthink it, but I couldn't deny the fact that it felt like butterflies were fluttering around in my chest. 

Zachary didn't seem to pay an ounce of attention to any of the words Swan spoke, he pushed past her and several other people with looks of confusion on their faces, and headed towards the door of the nightclub to make his exit. 

Intrigued eyes locked on Swan for a moment, who stood there and adjusted her hair before she walked over to the bar and ordered several shots. Ouch. She must have had some determination to give herself a hangover in the morning after that rejection.

I gave myself a mental playthrough of the events that had occured, "not even into guys," those words probably should not have given me the slight sense of relief that I felt. I should have felt bad for Victoira in knowing that she and her ass of a boyfriend were most definitely over.

But I just didn't.

One of Victoria's friends walked over to Swan, her hips swayed as the sound her heels made signalled her arrival, she cleared her throat, and flipped her very  curly black hair over one shoulder before she made her attempt to get Swan's attention. I didn't hear what they said all to well, but there were considerable amounts of swearing before Swan shrugged, stood up and...almost fell down. Oh dear. James had walked over and caught her "Just get me out of here, James," Swan spoke, and glanced at her very sparkly black shoes. 

"On it," James said, but rose an eyebrow at Swan's slightly drunken state. 

The both of them walked out of the bar and once I had torn my eyes away from them I glanced back at Liam, who I had almost forgotten was stood right next to me. Oops. 

"Hmm, you come out of your daze?" he joked.

"Sorry...caught up in drama," I admitted.

"Me too, I hope my brother's careful with whatever he's doing," 

"He did a nice thing helping Swan..." I stated, and smiled.

"Not that she particularly deserves it, but yeah...he's like that," Liam looked away in thought for a minute before he turned his attention back to me "I better go, Kate, see you around, yeah?"

"Mmhm, you too," was what I got out before he smiled and worked his way through crowds of people until he was out of sight. I stood there for a second in the awkwardness of being in a club full of people who barely knew me, but luckily Margo and Fox came to the rescue. 

"Yo, dude, we were looking for you," Margo grinned. 

"You didn't see all of that go down?" I asked wonderingly. 

"What?" Margo asked in indifference. 

Fox rolled her eyes "Margo was busy drinking, but sure enough Strawberry..." she looked around in case Victoria was there before she continued "...Has been dealt some bad luck tonight,"

"Somehow I think she'll manage," Margo blurted, looking in disatisfaction at what I guessed to be an empty drinks cup. 

"Margo," Fox turned to her friend and took the cup away from her and walked over to throw it in the bin, unlike the people around us, I scanned the empty cups that took up a now large proportion of the dance floor.

"Margo," Fox began to speak again, Margo looked up towards her as she waited for her to say more "You idiot," she spoke, yet smirked.

"What's up Fox?" I asked. 

"Uhm...Miss Rodriguez here was our ride," she looked at the slightly tipsy Margo.

Oh yeah, and our driver was currently out of the drivers seat, we could say.

"What's up Kate?" a different voice spoke this time, I turned to lock eyes with Victoria Lace.

"Our driver's off limits," Fox spoke for me, as she looked towards Victoria. 

Victoria rose an eyebrow at the redhead "Uhm..no big deal, we now have enough room for us to take Kate with us, and...you could just take Margo's keys,"

Fox nodded at the idea "Sure," she said after a moment, Margo seemed a little surprised as Fox reached into her leather jacket to take her car keys. 

All seven of us (Margo, Fox, Victoria, her friends and I) left the nightclub and stood on the pavement for a short while as Fox walked over to me and rose an eyebrow, she broke into a grin "Have fun, again,"

"Thanks," I muttered. Just one more car journey with Victoria and then I could head to bed.

Once Margo and Fox had both left, Victoria turned to me.

"How was it?"she asked.

"What?" I responded, confused at what she was talking about.

"You're clueless, Greene. The party, how was it?"

"It was good...Victoria..,I'm sorry that-" I was cut off.

"Don't mention it," she gave a small smile and the two of us, along with the three of Victoria's friends, walked over to Victoria's Porsche and got in, I sat in the front while the other three took their seats in the back, I found it a little strange that Victoria let me sit in the front with her when she had more company, but stranger things had happened. 

"Hey Kate," began the dark-haired girl from earlier, and introduced herself as Lena.

"Hey," I managed to say back. The other two didn't speak, though when I turned round to look at them they quickly averted their gaze. I wondered what all that was about. 

After we had driven for a while we finally returned to the familiar St. Wells Academy parking lot, and went our seperate directions as we headed back to our dorms. 

Victoria didn't say anything once we were both inside, she went to the bathroom and changed into her pyjamas and then sat on her bed. I, myself, sorted myself out for sleeptime.

Once Victoria had turned off the light and we were both in bed, I started to try to get some sleep, and just as I began to drift off I heard Victoria speak "Night, Kate,"