Chapter 5

{Your P.O.V.}

The group and I have been walking for who knows how long. Its getting tiring and I hope we get to this 'Greenplace' sooner than later. Also this 'Greenplace' they talk about, I don't believe it. A place that isn't effected by the nuke? Yeah right. I just want an adventure right now.

I sigh loudly, maybe not. 

The weather isn't as hot anymore but still, all the walking is terrible. There is a plus to walking with this group. They are hilarious. I've been getting to know them little by little. It's fun to hear their opinions on everything. Especially each other.

Everyone hates Nick need to collect so many bottle caps, oh and his potions. They also like to complain about Nick's jokes, I thought they were pretty funny but whatever. 

Nick and Adam get on each other nerves quite often,  Adam being pretty hot-headed and he gets irritated quickly. 

Adam and Cory are pretty good friends, being friends also means talking crap about the other a lot. Of course it's all in good fun.

I, get along with everyone. I guess. Maybe? Adam still doesn't like the fact that I was a bounty hunter. Nick is always talking to me and tries to make me laugh.

Cory checks on me a lot, he also tends to interrupt my conversations with Nick. Weird, right? Really don't know why, I'm not going to steal his friend.

I wake up at night and find Cory still awake, sitting by our fire. He's just watching it. Cory does this pretty often. I wonder what goes through his mind..

"Cory..?" I call out, voice still pretty scratchy from waking up.

He looks to me, surprised that I woke up. "(Y/N)," he speaks quietly, "what are you doing up?" 

I sit up, looking around at the sky. Realizing it was night, I made sure my voice was quiet. "I don't know, What are you doing awake?"

The fire was still burning, it was getting colder the more we walked forward. Everyone was curled up asleep. 

"Can't sleep," was all Cory said. I nodded and just sat there, quietly looking at the fire. Based on where the moon was, I'd say it's two or three in the morning. 

We didn't sit too far from each other. Perhaps it was because I was tired, but I decided to close the distance. Crawling to sit next to him, comfortable silence. The warmth was very nice, it made me just want to slip back into a deep sleep. But I didn't.

Instead we stayed up, until everyone woke up. 

Cory and I sat in silence for most of the night, but we did talk to each other. Mostly about random crap, things that didn't matter to the world around us. 

We didn't get any sleep, but did get closer to each other. Not like that. I really did feel a connection when I was talking to Cory. I don't know how to really explain it.

Anyway, The group had made it to a camp site area. There was a picnic basket next to the table. "Well, looks like someone is still having picnics around here," Cory jokes and I laugh a little. There was a chest in the corner. Cory quickly looks through it.

"Hey! Looks like we got some crabs!" Cory yelled, being jokingly happy.

Alpha looks towards him, whining softly. I don't know when I fed her last, not good at all. Cory hears her, "Can I give her one?"

I nod and watch as Cory throws the crab to Alpha. She grabs it in her mouth and runs to the side. Growling when Uni got near her. 'Cute,' I thought, smiling at my happy puppy.