Chapter 22

(Your P.O.V.)

I wake up in a unfamiliar space. Everything was blurry, hard to see certain things. I get up and look around.

Wait..

Nope, I know where I am.

I'm in the sleeping part of Sky's base. Where they have all the beds and stuff. I take the sheets off of me and turn to the side, letting my legs hang off the side.

I grab my thighs and bring my head down. I was super tired but, I need to check on Cory and the doggos.

I get up and grab my bag, just in case something bad happened to them. Hopefully not, I walk out of the building and down towards the cells. I put on my jacket while heading in, it gets a bit colder as you go underground. I look up after buttoning it up, only to see a guy.

He was wearing some weird hat. He looked at me, then at Cory in the cell. I hear Cory saying something. I've seen that guy somewhere, he goes and opens the cell door. I start to go after him. I noticed that Cory was doing the same.

From walking to running I tried to catch up with me but he was still going too fast. There was a ladder up ahead and I thought It would slow him down but nope. He climbed up that ladder as if his life depended on it. I tried my best to run up the stairs but I couldn't see anything above me. I followed after him but, once I got to the top. He was gone..

I looked around, then bent down to catch my breath. I hear Cory finally get up the ladder and walked around.

"Where's he go?" he asked me. I shook my head.

"I-I dunno." I stuttered, still out of breath. "I- tried, okay? But he was too, fast. Geez.."

Cory looked down at me and patted my shoulder, "Hey, don't worry about it. It's fine." He seemed irritated. I looked down at Alpha, she held her head high. She was trying to sniff out something, but looks like she's having no luck.

"Uni, you can't smell him or something? I mean, you're a dog after all." He scoffed at Uni. Uni whined, probably meaning he couldn't.

"Well then you're a pretty sucky dog then!" He yelled. I nudged him harshly and frowned at him.

"Calm down Cory. It's not his fault. Plus it's probably just all this dust." I looked around at the miles of sand. Nothings at all there in that sandy place.

I sighed, the look of disappointment on my face. "So what should we do?" I asked. Cory looked at me then Uni started barking something. "I mean we could try, hopefully he's okay after all that decoding," Cory looked towards me. "We wanted to talk Dawn." He finally said. I nodded an 'okay'.

"Hey, uh, Dawn?" Cory says while bringing his arm close to his face. I look down at Alpha and see her sitting down next to my feet. I go down and sit on the ground with her. I didn't realize how tired I am from running earlier.

"Cory! I did it! I found out who the man in the bowler hat is!" Dawn says proudly. My face lightens up and Cory is also shocked.

"Well? Who is he?" Cory asked quickly. "Well, you're going to have to give me a few hours to get all my notes ready. It's a lot to process at the moment," Dawn says less proudly. I frowned again. But then my mind starting thinking of the things me and Cory could do in a couple hours. I MEAN, TALK ABOUT. That's all we'll be doing. Don't think to much about the first comment.

"Wha-" "Yeah Dawn! It's fine, completely understand! You get your process thingy working. We can wait," I cut Cory off and smiled.

"Thank you for understanding, (Y/N). I'll be back in a few short hours." Dawn said before going silent.