Chapter 14

(Your P.O.V.)

Cory and I kinda forgot about that situation. A day or two after getting the Power Armor, Cory wanted to go to this Baseball place. Cory took Nick, Uni, and Me. Adam and Alpha stayed at the base.

Cory lead us to the baseball thing and mostly talked to Uni and Nick. I kinda didn't like that he didn't pay attention to me. Once we got there, I could see that tents were still up. As if it was still a place you could go and watch baseball.  As Cory tried to explain what baseball was, I went ahead to look around. 

Inside were people still trying to sell stuff. The one guy with the chicken was even there. He kinda scares me. I shake my head and went forward. I could hear Nick behind me, and Uni's barking too. The end of the hallway was were no one was. It was empty. I looked behind me to see that Nick and Cory were behind me. I sighed and went over to the bookshelves nearby.

The books were very dusty and I tried to take one. I did end up taking one before going into a hallway that was off to the side. The book had a pale blueish purple. I dusted off the cover to read what it said. It read, "The Locked door". Thinking nothing of it, I shoved it into my bag and went after Nick and Cory. 

I think they said something about a secret locker room. I went into the locker room to find a guy who looked like a greaser. He had a bat in his hand and was yelling. "Oh shoot, What the heck did I walk into." I whispered. I stood next to Nick and Uni. He was talking about 'Tunnel snakes' and 'Not taking toilets'. Cory was able to calm this guy down. 

He was really getting on my nerves and kept getting in Nick's face. I growled when he started to yell at Uni. I think he was going to take us to the base of the tunnel snakes. I didn't really care, It was kinda a waste to come here. The greaser named Mango said something about giving us food and supplies for bottle caps. But Nick only gave up two... So Mango thought we were poor..

Anyway, Mango took us out in the field. He said to watch out for traps that were in the field to which Uni goes out and runs into. Cory tried to get him away and to not run around. But Uni didn't really listen and kept running. I decided not to go in with them and wait on the bench for them to be done. I sat down and took at the really old book. I could hear Nick, Mango and Cory talking to each other. 

I really just wanted to go back to the base with Alpha and.... Cory I guess. I blushed as I remember what happened that night. I shook my head and put my face into the book. Only to get hit with something hard. I brought me head up to see that in the book there was a hole. In the hole was a key with a light blue ribbon... 

I grunted as I pulled it out. Not this crap again. At the end/back of the book was a note. It said, "This is the last key. But I haven't found the others yet. They hid them everywhere around the wasteland. Yet, I can't find them. They are nowhere to be seen. They must have place the keys here so that we could open something, Right? Who every finds this, Know that they are watching you and that this is the must be the last key. There is only eight keys. I never got all the keys.

-Unknown 

I was shocked that someone else knew about the keys. I was nervous that someone could be watching me. I looked behind me to make sure. My eyes widened as I saw a shadow. I started to breath heavily and my heart was beating like crazy. I gasped as I hear Cory, Nick and Mango come up the stairs. I looked back one more time before I started to listen to the guys. 

I saw that Cory sat next to me and talked to Mango about setting a trading thing. I was still too scared to talk. All I could do is listen. Mango started to ask questions about our group. To which Cory lied about how many people were in our group. As we were about to leave, Cory told Mango where to find us. 

"We are just up the road. Take a-" Mango looked scared. "You mean the base that's up the road?" I looked at him, well more of a glare. "What if it was the base up the road?" I said.

He flinched at my voice, "I-I just sent a group to take out the base. Your group is probably dead by now." I froze and thought of Adam and Alpha. 'No. No. NO!'  I turned around to the exit of the baseball field. 

Cory and Nick tried to grab me. This couldn't happen again. I shouldn't have left her there. I can't lose her forever again! I ran as fast as I could. I had tunnel vision at this point. I couldn't hear anything. All I saw, was what was ahead of me. 

I ran out of the baseball place thing. I looked around real quiet and ran towards the base. I was out of breath by the time I got there. I fall down as I saw people at the front of the gate. I could smell the sent of fresh blood. That was the last thing I remember. I passed out. 

~{Timeskip}~

I woke up to see Cory's face. Once he saw that I was awake, he sighed of relief. I shot up quietly and looked around. I was at the base. I saw Adam and Nick and... Mango. I could hear Uni barking. I looked to where it was coming from. I could see him siting beside something or someone....

I slowly made my way to where he was. I could feel the tears fall down. Right in front of me was the body of Alpha. I shook my head. "No, no, no, Please No. You can't be dead. You.. NO!!" I cried. This couldn't be happening. I won't believe it! Please wake up! 

Than I could hear something, a voice. That voice was the cause of this. Mango...

You were the one that sent them here to kill her. I growled, "You!" I got up and grabbed Mango's collar. "YOU! Were the one who sent them to kill her!" I yelled I could feel someone grab my shoulder. I looked back to see Cory.. 

(Woah, a lot of things just happened. What do you think of this chapter. If you liked it or if you didn't like it comment you opinion. Either way This was very interesting and what will happen next will be the same.)

MariahReading Out~

(1194 words)