Chapter 17

We headed to the base to talk with the others. I tried to bring up the whole Alley thing with the guys. They were talking about what to do next, giving out ideas. I sighed,

"I almost got raped." I said plainly. I put my head down and waited for them to say something. Maybe it wasn't the best thing to say right now. I slowly picked my head when they stopped walking. "You almost got what?" Cory said.

I looked at Cory then looked to the side, rubbing my arm with my hand.

"I didn't want to tell you but you probably should know why I was missing." I explained. "Who was it?" Cory said aggressively.

"I don't know who it was. He just kinda.." I felt warm tears start to form. Nick came up to hug. I tensed up at this movement. Nick tried to calm me down and rubbed my back. I could hear Cory growl while Nick did this. "Maybe we should continue walking back to the base." he growled.

I wiped my tears away and Nick let go of me. The rest of the trip was quiet and awkward. I tried to make some conversation but it didn't work..

I was just quietly walking behind the guys. Thinking about Cory and Nick. Mostly Cory though. As I was thinking about all the stuff me and Cory have been through. I was slowly realizing that he get mad at ever time Nick hugs me. Or does anything with me as a matter of fact. But why does he do that? Is it because he.. No! That can't be the reason.

I start to feel my face heat up. You are a Bounty Hunter (Y/N)! Bounty Hunters don't have relationships like that. Nobody likes Bounty Hunters like that because of what they have to do. I shake my head, trying to get the thought out of my head.

I need to stay focus. We still have to figure out what we are going to do.

{Tiny Timeskip}

As we near the base I went ahead of Nick and Cory to check on Alpha. Making sure that she didn't almost die again. Thankfully she isn't dead and is chilling with Uni. They been really close these past few days. Hmmmmm Very suspicious. Anyways Cory starts to look at everybody nervously.

"So um we have a problem. We-" Cory says and Uni's bark cuts him off. Cory looks at Uni, "No, we didn't mess up. Well- No it was just a unfortunate circumstance. So uh We have to leave, We need to get out of here."

"Wait what?!" Adams yells. Alpha says "Why?" but none of them can understand her. Instead Adam is the one to asks 'Why?'. Uni barks some more.

"It wasn't my fault! It was that Mango guy. He was a coward and ratted us out." Cory explained. He obviously looks pissed off with Mango's actions. I start to observe Cory more as they continued to talk about our next actions. I notice his hair and how the small breeze moves it. His camera features and how he has sweat on his face from the heat. I start to blush as he looks at me.

"So?" He says. I looked at him, a blushing nervous mess. 'Fuck' I thought.

"W-what? I'm s-sorry I zoned out." I said looking away. "That's fine, I wanted to know if you were going to stay back while me and Adam go to this Military base?" I think about the question for a bit. Hmmmm If I stay back I'll be able to maybe sneak into seaport and find more books on these dumb keys.

"I'll stay back. I have some stuff to do." I smile. Cory looks a little sad about me decision but nods anyways. Adam and Cory get their Power Armor and head out. As I see them leave I look at Nick.

" Ok!" I clap my hands together. "Bye Nick!~" I yell as I head to Seaport. "Wait, (Y/N)! Where are you going?!" Nick yells.

"I'm going to Seaport! I need to look for something there." I said as I turned back to the place I definitely should not go to. Hehe this is going to be fun.