Chapter 23

(Your P.O.V.)

I found Alpha and Uni walking around together not to far away. I told them that Dawn was going to tell us what he found out and we walked back.

I waved at Cory when we got back, he smiled at me.

"So Dawn? What's so important that you made us wait all night?" Cory asked him. Dawn cleared his throat, "Alright so every I try to decoded the logs. I would lose my progress and this strange symbol would appear. It kept appearing continuously and I ended up deciding to look into the symbol itself."

"It belongs to the enclave." Dawn finished. I tilted my head in confusion.

"The enclave? What's that?" I questioned.

"They're sort of a secret government." Dawn answered.

"So is this secret government what's left of the US government?" Cory looked confused as he tried to piece things together.

"That's about right." Dawn helped.

"So we're dealing with some powerful people aren't we?" Cory sighed.

"Oh brilliant." Uni mumbled. "Fantastic." Alpha growled.

"Yeah, that's never good," I ran my hand through my hair.

"So if this mysterious man is part of the Enclave. Does that mean we are being spied on?" Cory started to look frustrated.

"Whether he is or he isn't, We are getting spied on." Dawn corrected.

"Well what are they? Are they like the Illuminati or something?" Cory asked.

"No Cory, that's ridiculous. What are you talking about. " Dawn said.

"Okay well, never mind." Cory muttered. I smiled at him. "So how are we going to get to the bottom of this?"

"It's never too late to track him." Dawn suggested.

"Great, then Uni? Which way?" Cory asked him.

Uni sniffed the air and looked around nervously, "This way!"

"You're making that up aren't you?"

"..Yeah... I actually don't know which way."

"Well we might as well go that way then."

"Yeah well I did smell something from over there."

"Right sure Uni." Cory joked.

I continued to walk next to Cory but I felt someone staring at our backs. I look back quickly but see no one. I frown, soon I start to tune out while Cory and Uni's bickering and stared at the spot we just left. I felt myself slow down and watch as I saw something move. I breathe in and hold my breath.

I jump when I feel someone's arm wrap around my waist. "Are you okay?" Cory asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine.." I stare for a few seconds but turn towards Cory. "Come on, let's keep going."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We continued to follow a path and Cory starts complaining about his armor. I frown and realized I felt the same way.

"You could just leave it." Uni says keeping his head up high. I looked at him, "And let someone take it? After paying all those bottle caps? I'd rather sell it then leave it."

Alpha came up to Uni and hit him with her side, "Yeah, Dummy. If you found a prize bone and carrying it tired you out. Would you leave it?" He looked at the ground.