Chapter 4 Pink

A/N: Sorry for the long wait. As I have already posted one a few of my stories I'm struggling with depression so I'm trying to deal with a lot right now and I'm working three part-time jobs. Hope you enjoy this.

Chapter four

School went, as usual, that day. I was coming up on finals week so I had been doing a lot of studying. I got home just before six and thankfully had no homework to get done so I grabbed a quick bite to eat.

"I think your dad is going to move in. He came by to look at the flat today. He's still upstairs, I locked your door for you," Sherlock said coming into the kitchen.

"Just in time to see me graduate in a few weeks, and thank you," I replied pulling a fruit cup, string cheese, bottled water, and an apple from the fridge. "You're coming right, Sherlock?" I asked sitting at the kitchen table. Sherlock was my best friend and he meant everything to me. My graduation wouldn't mean much if he didn't come to it.

"Of course," he replied sitting across from me. I smiled at his answer.

"So any interesting cases?" I asked. I had a short amount of time before I had to leave to get to the diner.

"Four serial suicides that are actually murders."

"Oh, that is interesting," I said eating my apple. "Tell me if you're at a crime scene when I get off work. I love working cases with you. I'll text you as soon as I clock out." I finished my apple and started on the fruit cup.

"Even if your dad is there with me?" Sherlock asked uncertain.

"It'll take more than him to keep me from spending time with you," I said smiling. "Hell, your brother can't stop me from hanging out with you." He had a very interesting case and I wanted to know more. I looked at my watch. "Unfortunately I have to go to work, I'll see you later. Be careful. Try not to piss off Lestrade, go ahead and piss off Donovan and Anderson for me," I said getting up and kissing his cheek as he chuckled.

Sherlock's POV

The fact that Bella was graduating in a few weeks was impressive. It was only her first year at Uni. When I took her in I managed to get her in some college classes because high school classes really were too easy for her. She wasn't even 19 yet. Her mother must have been crazy smart because John didn't seem overly bright. She wanted to be a forensic investigator so she could work with me. She loved solving crimes. "Hey, where'd Bella go? I thought I heard her?" John said coming down from the room next to Bella's.

"She just left for work. If we go out to a crime scene later she'll be joining us after her shift," I said not looking at him, my hands in the pray position under my chin.

"No! My daughter will not be going to a crime scene!" John nearly yelled.

"You're a little late to play the good father, aren't you? She's almost 19. Good luck telling her no, she always comes with me. It helps her and besides that's what she'll be graduating for in a few weeks," I said still not looking at him.

"She's only 18, how can she be graduating already?"

"Did you really not know how smart your daughter is?" I asked. Had I made a mistake asking him to move in? How could a father know so little about his child?

"She's too much like her mother for her own good," John said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Her mother wasn't killed in a car accident. She was murdered when she went to investigate a crime scene. It's dangerous Sherlock," John said.