Chapter 32 Death

When we found the kids the boy had to be taken to the hospital, he was unconscious. The girl came with us for questioning. Donovan and Lestrade talked to her first. I was just a lab tech so I didn't get to talk to her. When Sherlock went to talk to her, she just screamed. This wasn't right. I knew he hadn't done anything to her. Sherlock could be an asshole sometimes but he would never hurt a kid.

Lestrade dragged him from the room, yelling at him to get out. This had to be Moriarty. This was part of the plan, destroy Sherlock. I came to stand beside Sherlock in Lestrade's office and took his hand as Lestrade and John talked. I completely tuned them out. I could care less about what they were saying. I just hung onto Sherlock. Soon Sherlock was leading me from the room and Donovan was saying something to him and I wanted to punch her in the face.

Sherlock pulled me away from her and kept walking out the door. I knew I needed to be alert, but right now I was stuck in a daze, the day I could lose my best friend was racing towards me and I had to try to act normally. Ah, fuck me, who was I kidding? I wasn't going to be able to act normal with everything that was going to happen with the next day or so.

Sherlock's POV

I pulled Bella with me out of Scotland Yard and to the street with John trailing behind. John was asking questions about what Moriarty could do and I hailed a cab. "This one is mine, you get the next one."

"Why?" he asked as I pulled Bella in with me.

"You might talk," I replied. I knew if I tried to leave Bella behind she would flip out and start screaming and chase the cab. I sat silently in the cab as it went down the road. Suddenly the tv came on and I asked the driver to turn it off. He ignored me. "Would you turn it off please?" I asked again. Suddenly Moriarty was on the screen and I felt Bella stiffen against me. I pulled her closer as I watched the screen.

Moriarty was talking about me as 'Sir Boast-a-lot' and the other knights didn't believe me. He carried on with this story, about how everyone started to doubt me. Bella was muttering all sorts of things under her breath at the tv as she clung to me.

"Stop the cab!" I shouted. The driver pulled over on some random street. I ran around to the window to see who was driving, "What was that?" The driver turned to look at me and I was shocked.

Moriarty sat in the driver's seat, "No charge," he said driving away. I tried to chase after him but he got away.

"Sherlock get out of the road!" I heard Bella shout and suddenly someone pulled me out of the road as a car horn sounded. I turned to attack the guy that was holding me but stopped when I realized he saved my life.

"Thank you," I said giving him my hand. He took it and was shot dead. I jumped back startled and Bella took me to the ground. At that moment John came around the corner in his taxi and came running to us. I was slightly shaken up, this man had died because he shook my hand, he couldn't touch me, why? He needed to keep me alive for some reason but couldn't touch me.

John was talking about him and how Mycroft showed him his file, that he was an assassin. The police came to collect his body. We went back to the flat and Bella stayed close.

Bella's POV

We were now back in the flat and Sherlock was on about Moriarty hiding something when he was here. "That's what he want's everyone to think. He's toying with us," I said pacing the room. "He probably has cameras on us right now." Sherlock went to his computer and checked for Wi-Fi signals close by.

"She's right," Sherlock said. "We need to ask about the dusting. Bella?" Sherlock asked.

"Don't look at me, I haven't cleaned in a week, that's why we have nothing to eat. With all this BS going on I haven't had time to clean, I'm too worried about you lot."