Chapter 16 Bomber

Chapter 16

I woke in the morning to Mycroft and Sherlock talking in the living room. The windows had been boarded up already, how had I missed that? "Morning Mycroft," I said heading for the kitchen.

"Morning Bella," Mycroft replied. I poured myself a cup of coffee and grabbed a banana. I came back to the living room and sat down on the arm of Sherlock's chair.

"Morning Sherlock," I said moving his bow so I didn't damage it. He was playing his violin.

"Morning Bella. I can't," Sherlock said. I had missed something; Mycroft rarely came to visit his brother.

"National security?" I asked.

"Beg pardon?" Mycroft asked.

"For as long as I've lived with Sherlock there are only three things that make you come see him: his drug use, when you need help with something that your people fucked up, or he's just solved a case that will draw attention. If there's something else that gets you in his flat I haven't figured it out yet." Both boys just stared at me. "Oh come on, it's obvious, I can play deductions too. I've been living with someone who plays it every day for the past, four years now."

"Bella! Sherlock!" I heard John call. "My god are you two okay?" John asked as he came into the flat and saw the blown out windows.

"Oh, yeah, fine," Sherlock said looking around.

"A little sore, but fine," I replied eating my breakfast. "So which is it Mycroft?"

"National Security," he replied.

"May I?" I asked holding my hand out for the file. "Scotland Yard is making me take a week off because of the stitches."

"You have stitches?" John nearly shouted as Mycroft handed me the file.

"Andrew West, known as Westie to his friends was found dead on the tracks at Batter Sea Station," Mycroft said and I just started reading the file. "No ticket and he had the missile plans which have gone missing. His oyster card hadn't been used."

"Am I looking for a CD, memory stick, SD card?" I asked.

"Memory stick," Mycroft replied.

"Is the goal recovery or to wipe it? Make sure no one can get the plans," I inquired as I read.

"Recovery and it's not the only copy. All the information you'll need is in there." John reached for the file and I slapped his hand away.

"What's my dead line?" I asked.

"We need them back before they fall into the wrong hands," Mycroft replied. That didn't tell me much.

"I'll get them as soon as I can. Excuse me Sherlock, John. I need to get dressed for the day; I have some doors to knock on. Mycroft, if it isn't too much trouble can I catch a lift with you to Batter Sea?"

"Of course Bella," Mycroft replied.

"Thank you." With that I left the room to get ready for the day. I loved working cases for Mycroft, they were always interesting. Scotland Yard usually had boring stuff and I was stuck in the lab unless Sherlock asked for me which he always did because he and Anderson didn't get along. Once I was at the station I talked to the man who found the body and examined the area where the body was found.

It didn't take long for me to reach the conclusion that West had been killed elsewhere. I went to his fiancée's house and talked with her and met her brother. Something about him set off alarm bells. "Westie wasn't a terrorist Miss. He would never betray his country."

"I never meant to imply that he was. I'm sorry if my questions did so. I'm just trying to figure out what happened so good names don't get dragged through the mud. My condolences." With that, I left the small flat. I needed the brother's address, I texted Mycroft asking for it before slipping off for a bite to eat. I could be waiting at the brother's for a long time. Once I had the address I went to the brother's address, confronted him, got the plans and took him to Lestrade.

Just as I was leaving Scotland Yard I got a call from John. "I hope you have better news than the last time you called me."

"Sherlock needs you; he's in shock or something. We're in Lestrade's office."

"On my way up, put me on with him," I said as I took the stairs. It would be faster and I wouldn't lose my signal. "Sherlock, hun?" I asked once I heard the phone change hands. He didn't answer. "Sweetie?" Since I couldn't see him I needed to hear some kind of response to know what I needed to do. I wasn't getting a response from him. "I'm on my way up hun, I'm just a few minutes away." I still didn't get anything from him.

I finally reached Lestrade's office and pushed open the door. "Sherlock, hun?" I said hanging up and coming to his side. I knelt beside him and took his hands. I could tell something had happened and it was going to be a long story. "Here or at home hun?" I asked.

"Home," he replied in a shaky voice.

"Okay hun," I said helping him to his feet so I could take him over to his coat and put it on him. I helped put his scarf on and get into his coat. I put my arm around him and led him out of the building and got him into a cab. John got into the cab with us as I just held Sherlock's hand.

"How did you get him to talk to you? I've been trying to get him to tell me what happened for 15 minutes," John said.

"Don't push him John," I replied. I could always get Sherlock to open up to me, but everyone else just pushed him for an answer and he shut down. That made it harder for me to reach him and figure out what was going on. Once back home I took Sherlock to his room and sat him on the bed, "Okay hun, what happened?"

"Bomber. That's what happened last night. Saved two already. Last person, I tried to solve more than one case than I should have. She tried to describe, he killed her."

"Oh hun, it wasn't your fault," I said brushing his hair out of his eyes. Most people may not notice that things like this bother him, but they really did bother him. He may say he didn't care but he did. "It's okay hun, don't try to hold it in."