Chapter 11 Transport

A/N: Happy New Year! And a thanks to _the_dragon_born_ and Fandoms-_-Unite-_-22 for commenting and voting on previous chapters. I hope you continue to enjoy the story.

Chapter 11

Bella's POV

I was at a flat with some detective called Dimmock; Sherlock had found a murder that the police thought was a suicide. I was just there to collect evidence. I was a lab rat, not an investigator. "Bella where's Lestrade?" Sherlock asked.

"Busy, he sent this guy. Something isn't adding up though," I said collecting the evidence and taking very detailed notes.

"I know it was murder," Sherlock said going into another room. I didn't ask for him to explain, I knew he would soon enough and make a fool out of the new guy. I could see something wasn't right but my job was to process the evidence, not the scene. To the police I was just a lab rat; they decided what the evidence meant not me. I had to tell them what it meant so that notion was just idiotic.

"I'd rather you not touch any of the evidence, Bella get in here and take this from him," Dimmock called.

"He won't mess up the crime scene, who do you think taught me?" I asked coming in and taking the black wad of paper from Sherlock. "Where did you find this Lock?"

"Victim's mouth," he replied leaving the room. I wrote it on the evidence bag and continued with my job. I took sketches of everything. I preferred my drawings over a camera because then I could see things again as I saw them. I also wouldn't have to sign them out of evidence; that was such a pain in the ass. By the time I had finished it was dark and Sherlock wasn't there, no surprise. He always just left the crime scene. He and Dimmock and been arguing the whole time.

"You're friend's a real piece of work," Dimmock said to me as I was packing up.

"You know nothing about him so don't you dare say a thing about him," I warned. He opened his mouth to say something more, "That is the man that saved my life. I won't stand for anyone disrespecting him. Because of him, I have a life today; I'm not behind bars or dead. So don't you dare disrespect him. I'll see you tomorrow," I said leaving to go take everything to the lab then go home. I didn't know if Sherlock would be there or not.

When he was working a case he was out at all hours and he came home whenever he came home. It worried me; some of the cases he worked were dangerous. When I finally got home I just went to Sherlock's room, I didn't want to be near my father that night and just slept in Sherlock's bed.

Sherlock ended up dragging me to a circus later that week saying it was somehow connected to the case. I ended up taking someone to the floor when Sherlock couldn't take them and we were in the police station trying to explain something to Dimmock. We didn't get through to him and I just wanted to go home. I had stuff to process tomorrow and hopefully, I wouldn't be going to another crime scene.

"How do you work with that idiot?" Sherlock asked me as we walked back to the flat.

"I don't, I usually work with Lestrade. I just process the evidence that everyone brings in. I actually have to answer to Anderson," I groaned. Anderson was a moron.

"He lowers the IQ of the whole street," Sherlock said. "How can they expect you to answer to him? You're more qualified than he is."

"I know Lock, I don't make the rules I just work there. Come on, let's go home. I want to eat something and go to bed. Anything in the fridge other than body parts?"

"You'll have do the shopping, I don't think we have anything."

"Go figure," I replied. I pulled him into the shop we were walking by, "You're buying." I grabbed a basket and started getting what we needed. Sherlock stayed right behind me and didn't bother to add anything to the basket. John continued to complain about what happened at the circus and how his night with Sarah had been ruined. I didn't give a damn. Whether or not he got laid was not my problem. It was just transport like Sherlock said. Everything else was transport.