Chapter 20 Power Play

A/N: So Bella and Sherlock are officially a couple! Who's excited? What should they do for a first date? Who should ask who?

Chapter 20

Bella's POV

Three months later I was completely healed and completely annoyed with John. He had tried to do everything for me when I was in the casts and now he was trying to keep me from doing things. He was being over protective. We had been in a few shouting matches over it and I was still in PT. John was pissed at Sherlock because didn't wait on me hand and foot. I didn't want him to; if I needed help I would ask for it.

John was currently at a crime scene as Sherlock walked around the flat in his sheet. I was in my usual jeans and one of Sherlock's dress shirts. I ignored the back and forth banter between John and Sherlock. I would be back at work next week; I had to be cleared for duty since I did go out in the field. I also ignored the doorbell. I was not in the mood for house guests. "Sherlock, Bella isn't the doorbell working? This man was at the door?" Mrs. Hudson said coming up.

"The doorbell works fine, we were just ignoring it Mrs. H. Not in the mood for house quests," I replied.

"I'm not here for a chat, I'm here to collect you both," the man said. I sat up from laying down on the couch and looked at him. It didn't take long for me to deduce him.

"No, I suppose not, Sherlock you may want to get dressed," I said as the man closed Sherlock's laptop and a second man went to Sherlock's room. That annoyed me that these men just came in and let themselves all over the house. We were going to the palace; someone powerful had stepped in a big pile of shit. Soon enough Sherlock and I were in the back of a black town car. Sherlock was still in his sheet.

Once at the palace, Sherlock and I were led to a sitting room. I sat down beside Sherlock on the sofa and we were apparently waiting for John. I wondered what member of the royal family had stepped in it; a sex worker had been in the news, maybe that was why we were here. "Do you intend to remain in that sheet?" I asked Sherlock.

"Why shouldn't I?"

"Hun, we're in the palace, not exactly the place where you walk around in nothing more than bed clothes. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind; others might though. I don't like bailing you out of jail," I said as John came into the room and looked at us like, "what the hell?" We just shrugged. We had yet to be informed as to why we were here. John sat down beside Sherlock and looked at him.

"You wearing any pants?" John asked. I smirked; he should know the answer to that.

"No," Sherlock answered causing them both to start laughing. I rolled my eyes. It was an odd situation but something serious was going on.

"Sherlock, what are we doing here?" John asked still laughing.

"I don't know."

"Here to see the Queen?" John asked as Mycroft walked into the room.

"Apparently yes," Sherlock answered causing both of them to start laughing again. Mycroft did have a power complex but he certainly wasn't part of the royal family.

"Just for once could you two behave like grown-ups?" Mycroft asked joining us.

"Good luck with that," I muttered.

"He solves crimes, I blog about it, he forgets his pants, and she tags along," John said. "I wouldn't hold out too much hope.

"I wasn't referring to Bella, she actually has a job and pays the bills and she's dressed," Mycroft said as I continued to ignore the boys on the couch.

"She's 19," John said.

"20," Sherlock, Mycroft, and I all corrected at the same time.

"Has that much time passed already?" John asked.

"Yeah," I replied. He had been living with us for almost a year now. "So who stepped in it Mycroft?"

"You're as quick as Sherlock Bella," Mycroft replied. Soon enough another man joined us and Sherlock was trying to figure out who his client was. "You are to be engaged by the highest in the land now for God's sake, put your clothes on."

"Hun, just do it. Get this thing over with and get some of the answers you want so you can go and get the rest," I said as Sherlock sighed holding his sheet in place that his brother had stepped on as he tried to leave. Once Sherlock was dressed we were having tea and discussing the case. "So the rumors surrounding this woman are true then?"

"Yes, they are true and a member of the royal family is in need of your services Sherlock," Mycroft said.

"Photographs of whom?" Sherlock asked not bothering with the small talk.

"A young female person of significance to my employer," the man next to Mycroft replied. I believed his name was Harry, but his name was insignificant to the situation.

"John put your cup back in your saucer," I said rolling my eyes. Nothing too impressive about a woman in bed with another woman.

"Pay her now and in full," Sherlock said turning to grab his coat. "As Miss Alder notes on her site, know when you are beaten."

"She's the one that got in touch with us, she informed us that the photographs existed and that she had no intention of blackmail or extortion," Mycroft replied.

"And here we are making a big deal out of it playing her game," I said. "Did you ever consider that's exactly what she wanted? That this is what she wanted to do? Play the Holmes boys?"

"Oh, a power play with the most powerful family in Britain. This is getting interesting." Sherlock got up and grabbed his coat. His brother discussed a few more things with him before he asked for a lighter and took it from Harry. "Laters," Sherlock leaving the room.

I turned to look at Mycroft as Sherlock and John both left, "Seriously? Never send a man to do a woman's job. He has no idea how to play her game Mycroft; he doesn't even know what her game is. I know how to play it; I've been the victim of that kind of game."

"Just keep him out of trouble," Mycroft said leaving.

"You know I can't promise that," I said even though I knew he couldn't hear me and I left to rejoin Sherlock and John. Sherlock would spend forever trying to figure out the perfect rouse to get into her house. I already knew what I had to do. I would play the game that she would. It would probably give John a heart attack.