Chapter 12 Dead Man

Chapter 12 Dead Man

When we got home I started fixing dinner and Sarah showed up, she wanted dinner with John. "You cook for her," I said shoving a pan into his hands when he came into the kitchen. "Or get carry out."

"I'm not that good of a cook," John said to me in a whisper.

"Well, then you had better get carry out." I turned back to my food. His lack of cooking skills were not my problem. Around here Mrs. Hudson and I did the cooking. "Sherlock you eating tonight?" I called into the living room. He wasn't pleased that Sarah was here either.

"No thank you, Bella," Sherlock replied. I finished frying up my pieces of chicken for my salad and went in to sit by Sherlock as Dimmock came in. Apparently earlier that night another girl had been killed and Sherlock and John had been there. Dimmock started asking about some writing and if it was Sherlock's on a photo. I took it from him as Sherlock wouldn't look at it.

"Sherlock, that code you were talking about," I started.

"Yeah," Sherlock said coming over to me.

"That girl you went to find earlier today, it looks like she started to decode this. The first two words under them. What books were on her desk?" I asked remembering him saying that she was killed in her work space and that was where she was hiding. He grabbed his coat, the photo and walked out the door.

"Where's he going?" Dimmock asked.

"I assume to get the book, is there anything else?" I asked. Dimmock shook his head and left. After I finished eating I cleaned up the kitchen as John and Sarah were trying to figure something out. Mrs. Hudson had brought them something to snack on. I went to Sherlock's room to sleep, not wanting to walk past my father to get to my room. He had been living here for about a month, had no job, didn't pay any of the bills and was bringing the women home.

I woke to someone in a mask dragging me out of Sherlock's room. "Sherlock!" No answer.

"Scream again and I will blow your brains out," the man behind me said. I readied myself to fight. "Don't even bother to fight or I'll kill your friend." Clearly, they thought John was Sherlock. I didn't know why. I was bound and gagged before being shoved into a dark car with John and Sarah. I had no clue where we were going but I knew Sherlock would find us, he never let me down.

Sherlock's POV

I ran into the flat an hour later yelling for John and Bella. I had solved the code but I got no answer. Bella always answered. "Bella!" I called looking to the living room and I felt my heart stop as cold terror hit me. On my windows was the message dead man. I searched the flat to see if Bella was hiding somewhere or knocked out. I couldn't find her, John, or that girl that was with John.

Thankfully the code told me where they were going so I pulled out all my old maps to find the quickest way there. There was no doubt that these people would kill Bella, John, and the girl if I didn't get there to stop them.