Chapter 27 It's Not The Sugar

A/N: The last chapter was short and kind of crappy so I hope this long one makes up for it. Sorry for the long wait.

Chapter 27

When morning came round Sherlock was convinced that the drug was in the sugar at Henry's house. Henry, Sherlock and I had all put sugar in our coffee, but not John. So Sherlock and I had this little bet, winner chose the next date. If I was right about the drug I got dinner and a musical, if he was right I helped him cut up a body. So I set off into the woods to get my sample as Sherlock went off to steal Henry's sugar. I easily found where we had been last night and managed to collect a sample despite my body telling me to run again. Something about that place wasn't quite right.

I met my group back at the pub where I saw Sherlock making John a cup of coffee. Lestrade was there talking to the pub owners. No doubt he had put the sugar in it, trying to drug his friend. I smiled slightly as Sherlock got John to drink the coffee, Sherlock did know how to push people around. The pub owner and his partner were talking about a dog they were keeping up there but they had supposedly put it down, it had become too difficult to handle. I followed both of the men out as they were now talking about something else and Lestrade separated from our group. I didn't listen to what they were talking about; I needed to figure out how to get back into the lab. That was the closest place that had the equipment I needed to test the sample I had pulled from the woods.

"Hello brother dear," Sherlock's voice pulled me from my thoughts. He needed into the lab as well to test the sugar, but he couldn't get back in. I had no rank to pull, no power over Mycroft or the men at Baskerville. Sherlock had to come up with something. I got back into the car as Sherlock drove, this time when we reached Baskerville we had no trouble getting in. I was turned loose with John to go find clues while Sherlock went to talk to the Major.

The lab was overly bright, too many lights and everything was white. I moved away from John as we explored. I knew Sherlock was up to something that had to do with John and I wanted no part of it.

Sherlock's POV

I watched the security feeds as John and Bella split up. I was glad they were splitting up, the plan I had to test my theory wouldn't go well for me if Bella was in the room. I wasn't allowed to do experiments on her. Her trust was too fragile for things like that. Once John was in the lab by himself I made sure he couldn't get out and that Bella couldn't get in, though the odds of her hearing him were slim, she was on the other side of the building.

John kept exploring when I turned on the alarm in the room as well as all the lights, blinding him. He tried to get out of the room but had I had sealed the doors. I then turned off the lights and the alarm. He looked around some more trying to figure out what was going on. He was looking at the cages while it seemed Bella had found where she could test her sample. Just then my phone beeped. I looked at the text she sent me. "What are you doing to John?"

I sent back, "Testing a theory. SH" I then started playing growls into the room John was in. He took cover in one of the cages and called me.

"Sherlock, it's in here with mem" John whispered.

"What do you see?" I asked.

"Sherlock you've got to get me out."

"I will, just tell me what you see," I said. John kept going on how about how it was in the room with him. "What do you see? Keep talking," I said. At the last moment I turned the lights on and pulled the cloth away from the cage he was hiding in. He looked absolutely terrified. "Are you all right?" I asked pulling him from the cage.

"It was here!"

"It's okay, it's okay now," I said trying to calm him down.

"No it's not! It's not okay!" he shouted. "I saw it! I was wrong!" I smiled at that, he was almost always wrong.