Chapter 18 The Pool

Chapter 18

When they got back John hopped on his blog which I had paid little attention to and Sherlock turned on some TV show which was like Jerry Springer or something. I sat down in his lap for warmth as the windows were still blown out and we couldn't turn on the heat because of issues with the gas lines. Sherlock started yelling at the TV about how he wasn't the boy's father because of how he rolled up his jeans.

"You know that won't work in a court of law, they want DNA," I said looking at him.

"I knew it was a bad idea," John said still typing.

"What?" Sherlock asked.

"Getting you into crap telly," John replied.

"Crap telly is always a bad idea. I just like watching shit like this to read body language," I said not really paying attention to him. At least we could stand to be in the same room, that was an improvement, in the beginning I would either place Sherlock between me and him or leave when John came into a room.

John closed his laptop, "I'm going over to Sarah's. We need milk," he added as an afterthought. He went to the door and grabbed his coat.

"I'll get some," Sherlock said.

"Really?" John asked shocked. Sherlock nodded. "Some beans then too?" John asked. Sherlock nodded again. With that John left.

"I'm going to go for a short walk hun. I'll be back in about 20 minutes," I kissed his cheek and got up and put my shoes on and left. I didn't even get around the block, I was met by a group of men and a dark car outside, they weren't Mycroft's men either. John and I had been taken by Moriarty to the pool. John had the bomb strapped to his chest and I had one too but I was chained in the pool. The chain went around my ankle and was attached to the bottom of the pool. I had to keep myself up out of the water though or the bomb would go off and I was getting quite tired. Not to mention Moriarty had several of my bones broken because I had fought.

Sherlock's POV

After Bella and John left I sent a message to the bomber telling him I had the missile plans and to come and collect them at the pool. We were to meet at midnight, less than an hour away. I gathered what I needed and got a cab. No doubt he would already be there. I arrived at the pool and was shocked to see Bella in the pool with a bomb on her. "Bella?" I asked surprised that she was there at all. She said nothing, she wouldn't even look at me but I could see that she was crying.

She had to be a victim of the bomber, I could see that her collar bones had been broken as well as bones in her arms and she was keeping herself out of the water. The pain was turning her green, not to mention her stitches she was supposed to keep dry. I could also hear the chain dragging across the bottom of the pool. I decided to continue with this as planned, it would be the only way to get her out of here. I held up the flash drive, "I brought you a little getting-to-know-you present. Oh, come on that's what it's all been about. Making me dance all to get this."

I heard a door open and I expected the bomber to step out, but when I saw who did all I felt was hurt and betrayal. I saw John come out from the changing rooms. "John?" I asked.

"Well this is a turn out isn't Sherlock? Nice choice, picking the spot where little Carl died. Carl laughed at me, I stopped him laughing. I can stop John Watson too; stop his heart. I can also stop Isabella Watson. What would you like me to make him say next?" John said pulling his coat aside to reveal that he too was wearing a bomb. "Guttle o' gear," John started repeating over and over.

"Stop it," I said pacing the room. "Who are you?"

I heard another door open, "I gave you my number, I thought you might call." I didn't recognize the voice but the person was changing it. "Is that a British browning nineLAone in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" he said moving to where I could see him. "Jim Moriarty. Jim from the hospital. Oh did I really make such a fleeting impression, but I suppose that was rather the point." I tightened my grip on the gun as he moved about the room.