Chapter 26 Panic

A/N: For those who have been asking for an update.

Chapter 26

Once at the bottom through the fog we could see huge paw prints in the mud. There was no way to tell if they had changed from the animal sliding or because of the nature of mud though. Something wasn't right, I wanted to get out of there, every cell in my body told me to run. I just couldn't leave Sherlock though. "Sherlock we need to leave now," I said sensing something coming closer.

The place didn't smell right, I felt dizzy, my head was swimming. "Bella, are you seeing this?" Sherlock asked as our client was freaking out. I knew something was there, but it didn't look right. There was no way that creature existed. John finally showed up but by then I was chasing Sherlock, leaving John to deal with our client as Sherlock claimed he saw nothing. We finally made it back to the inn and Sherlock hadn't said a word and he was still panicked.

I was sitting with Sherlock and John. Sherlock and I had just seen something in the hollow and I was dealing with it better than Sherlock was. John kept trying to talk to him as I was trying to calm him down. Sherlock was about to have a full blown panic attack. "John, just shut up," I said sitting in Sherlock's lap so I was facing him and I placed his hands on my shoulders and placed my hands on either side of his face.

"Sherlock just breathe," I said in a soothing voice. He tried to reach for his whiskey but I picked up the glass and drained it in one shot. "That's not going to help hun."

"Since when do you shoot whiskey?" John asked. I ignored him and focused only on Sherlock.

"Didn't you see it Bella?" he asked.

"Yeah, I saw it. Look at me Sherlock," I said gently. He looked up at me. "Ignore the dog; ignore the footprints and the sounds, what else seemed weird about that place?" His breathing picked up and he started looking around. "Lock, look at me, you're safe. Just breathe," I said pulling him to me.

"Everything was weird Bella. Nothing was right; my eyes must have been lying to me."

I just rubbed his back, "Yes and no. There was something there but our brain was processing what we were seeing wrong. The fog was a drug or something, it smelled chemical. Whatever it was it affected you, Henry and me the same way; we all saw the same thing."

"A drug can't affect a group of people the same way," Sherlock said reaching his panic point again.

I placed my forehead against his and held his head there, "Hun, just breathe. Just focus on me. It's okay." I didn't worry about everyone else around us; I just focused on calming Sherlock down. When drugs caused him to see something panic attacks were common. I had learned how to calm him down. It took a while but I finally got him calmed down to where he wasn't about to have a panic attack. John had left some time ago after Sherlock had yelled at him.

"I thought you hated alcohol," Sherlock said as I led him up to our room.

"I do, you didn't need any. My system has experience handling it, I'm sad to say," I replied. Aunt Harry used to force all kinds of vile liquids down my throat when I protested and fought too much against her guests. I knew how to shoot hard liquor with the best of them and I knew my limit, that was if I ever drank.

 I knew how to shoot hard liquor with the best of them and I knew my limit, that was if I ever drank