Chapter 25 Baskerville

A/N: I move into my dorm Wednesday to start my dog grooming career! Yay! I'm so excited. Here's another chapter for before I descend into four months of studying.

Chapter 25

For my vacation I found myself in the country, Sherlock said it was for a case and dragged John with us. He was standing on a rock out cropping overlooking the village and other things miles from us and John was holding a map. I was trying to get them to play. I had never been in the country, never had this much room to run. "Tag you're it," I said running up to where Sherlock was standing and tapping him on the shoulder before running away.

He didn't move and kept talking with John. I did this several more times before he finally looked at me. "Don't you know this game?" I asked.

"If I ever did I deleted it," he replied.

"I tag you chase me till you get me, then I have to get you. It goes back and forth. Come on, play." I ran up to John and pushed him, nearly knocking him over, "you're it." I took off across the field. "Come on you two. Come and get me." Soon the two were chasing me, playing with me and I was laughing.

"Damn you're fast," John said trying to catch me.

"I have to keep up with this one," I said jumping onto Sherlock's back. "Mr. Long Legs," I said kissing his cheek. Sherlock chuckled hitching me up on his back but I only pulled him down to the ground with me.

"She also has to keep my ass out of trouble," Sherlock said laughing. "Her speed has saved my life a time or two."

I put my forehead against his, "So after this hound of hell then?"

"So it seems," he answered as we got back in the car and headed for the village. Once in the village the boys started looking around and I booked the rooms as John followed me and talked to the guy at the counter. I was sharing a room with Sherlock and John had a room to himself. I ordered something to eat, not knowing the plans but I was hungry. I found Sherlock talking to someone outside who claimed to have seen the beast.

He had a blurry picture which was to blurry to show what it was, it could have been a barn cat. Sherlock laughed at the photo and asked if he had anything else. He pulled out a mold of a paw print that was about eight inches across. It was huge. I took the mold from him to get a better look, shocked at the size of the print. Sherlock paid John, having said they made a bet. I was looking for signs it had been faked and I couldn't find any, I needed to see the original print.

I handed the mold back, it was impressive. After I finished eating we went down to Henry's, apparently he was the client. Sherlock wanted to take him to the woods at night to see if we could find the creature. He thought someone was after him, so Sherlock's solution was to go out there and find them. I curled up in Henry's sun room and rested, waiting for dark while Sherlock and John discussed the case. I was reading up on the legend. A giant black beast said to be roaming the moor. The legend seemed to only be 20 years old though, my age.

I called Mycroft and asked what the labs around here were up to 20 years ago. I needed access, only which he could give me. After I made the call I took a nap. I knew Sherlock would walk through the woods all night and could get lost. It would be my job to get us back. "Bella," I heard a deep voice say as someone shook me. I looked at Sherlock, "we're heading into the woods."

"Fun," I said stretching. "You got the torches right?" I asked grabbing my water bottle.

"Yes," he answered handing me my coat. I pulled it on and followed him out. We headed straight to the woods from Henry's house, leaving the car. Henry trailed between us, John bringing up the rear. Henry and Sherlock were talking, I didn't pay attention to John, he survived war, he would be fine. I knew he had his gun on him. I could hear foxes screaming in the night.

I paid them no mind, they would run from us. They were shy creatures; we were looking for something far larger than a fox. At some point I lost track of time and found myself standing at a drop off. Henry and Sherlock joined me, "The hollow," Henry said. So this is where it all happened, this was the devil was supposed to live. Mist and fog filled the hollow and the cold night air made it look and feel creepy.

Something didn't seem right, something smelled off, it smelled like a lab. Sherlock moved to go down into the hollow and I grabbed his arm. "Wait. Do you smell that?"

"Smell what?" he asked.

"It smells like a lab, chemicals," I said. I spent a good portion of my days in the lab running tests at work but I had never smelled anything like this.

"I don't smell anything," Sherlock said going downhill. Henry followed him.

"Don't say I didn't warn you," I replied rolling my eyes following them downhill.