Chapter 29 He's Back

Sherlock had solved a lot of high press cases and had been in the news a lot lately. He had even dragged John and I into the press meetings after solving these high priority cases of the social elite. The good thing was money was coming in to pay the bills; bad thing was he was in the press. Moriarty was going to notice him, unfortunately that was the plan. I would end that man now if I could, but we needed more from him. He even solved a case for the police and they got him a deer stalker since others had been getting him gifts for solving the case.

He wasn't thrilled with the hat, everyone but me had chipped in. Newspapers had all sorts of titles for us, they even implied that John and Sherlock were a couple and I was their daughter. They were half right; I was dating one, related to the other. John was onto Sherlock about the press and that this whole thing had better blow over, he was worried that the press would turn on him. Unfortunately, that was the plan; we needed them to turn, to play into Moriarty's plans. I hated this though.

"Someone just needs to throw the press a new bone to chew on. Once they get something new they'll let this go," I said signing some files that Anderson needed me to sign. I had now somehow become his boss which he wasn't fond of, Sherlock thought it was great.

"It really bothers you? What people say about me?" Sherlock asked.

"Of course it does Sherlock, we're your friends. I wish I could go out there and tell them how wrong they are but I know that's not going to change anything," I replied.

"Why would it bother you?" Sherlock asked.

"Because we care about you," I replied.

"Keep a low profile and stay out of the news," John added. Good luck with that one. Sherlock didn't know how to do a low profile. He didn't take small cases, he wanted thrill, danger. The following morning the Bank of England, a prison, and where the Crown Jewels were kept were all broken into roughly at the same time.

I was hanging upside-down from Sherlock's armchair throwing his squash ball up in the air before catching it as Sherlock was doing an experiment in the kitchen. A dummy was hanging from the ceiling by his neck dressed in one of Sherlock's suits. Sherlock's phone kept going off, no doubt about the morning's events. I already knew who was behind it, who else would break into three places at the same time. "So did you just talk to him for a really long time?" John asked taking his seat in his armchair picking up the paper.

"Oh, Henry Fishgard never committed suicide. Bow street runner missed everything," Sherlock said slamming an old book shut causing dust to rise into the air.

"Pressing case then?" John said.

"They're all pressing, till they're solved." I smiled at Sherlock as I continued my game of catch.

"You're phone," John said annoyed as it beeped for the 50th time that morning.

"Keeps doing that," Sherlock replied going back to his microscope. John came over and grabbed his phone off the table.

"Sherlock, you need to see this," he said shoving the phone into Sherlock's hand.

"It's Moriarty," I said looking up at the ceiling. We went to Tower Hill—where the Crown Jewels are kept—and watched as Moriarty broke into the display case.

"How did he do that, that's bulletproof glass?" John said.

"Diamond," I said.

"Crystallized carbon," Sherlock said at the same time. With the security time and some of the other evidence that we had, we would be going to court. Moriarty had been arrested, it felt good seeing him being put into the back of a police car, but this felt too easy. Why did he allow himself to be caught?