3

Imani (Malinda's best friend) in the mm, now played by Amber Rose

Bubbie: I still don't know why you're going out of your way for him. 😐

Was the text I woke up to from my brother. Thanks Kaz, I thought to myself. I showered, and put on some Jean shorts and a tank, and put my hair in a bun. This summer was not playing no games, and neither was I.

~~~

"That's what you're wearing to pick up a man who hasn't seen a beautiful woman like my baby sister in ten years?" My brother asked as I FaceTime him while making myself breakfast.

"It's hot as hell Kaz. I'm not tryna impress nobody. I'm not even wearing makeup."

"Just cause you not tryna impress, don't mean you won't." He mugged me.

"Well I'm not changing." I say sticking my tongue out at him. I sit down to eat, and start to tell my brother goodbye.

"When that nigga go ape and impregnate ya ass, don't say shit to me." He says, chuckling like the shit was funny. Oddly enough, Kaz didn't mind me being with Shonari, when he liked him anyways. He said he'd "rather it be a nigga he trusted."

"Goddbye Adrel," I call him by his middle name, hanging up. My phone dinged almost immediately.

Bubbie: Don't come back pregnant, Cheyenne. 😂
Me: Shut up, ass hat. 😐

I finished my breakfast, grabbed a couple of water bottles, and some cool ranch doritos, his favorite, and got in my little Corolla.

~~~

"God, it's hot as hell," I spoke to my best friend, Imani, as I drove.

"Ain't nobody tell ya ass to drive 3 hours to go get that man. What'd he ever do for you, other than have you crying?" Her ratchet ass questioned me.

"Um, rude, okay? He obviously didn't have anyone else to come get him. And ain't shit within like 20 miles of the prison. I'm not gonna leave him stranded like that." I reasoned, convincing myself more than her.

"Shit, I would. Where is he staying at anyway? With you? Hmm?" She drilled me like she was my momma.

"I don't know, Mani. I've got an extra room at the house if he needs it,"

"What he needs is to dick ya ass down, so you can get out ya feelings"

"Shut that shit up. I'm not in my feelings"

"Whatever girl. Call me after yall little reunion dinner or whatevaaa" she drags out, hanging up.

I was alone again with my thoughts and the radio. My GPS said that there was 20 minutes remaining on my trip. I realized that I was doing a lot for Shonari, but it's cause I cared. I would do that same for anyone else. That's just how I was.