24

Kane can be whoever you want him to be, I described him how I saw him in my head, but couldn't find anybody who matched what I wanted 🙃 buutt enjoy loves 💕

On the elevator, Shonari couldn't stop fidgeting. The guard was facing forward, so I took advantage of the "privacy". I grab Nari's face, kissing him hard and deep, even going as far as putting my tongue in his mouth. I pull away when his hands grab my neck. I lean up towards his ear.

"There. Now you've got something else to think about," I whisper, then return to my previous position beside him as if I didn't just tongue him down. His face red and he was flustered. He grabs my hand as we exit the elevator, and squeezes it.

The guard winks at me as the doors close, I laugh lightly.

"Thank you for making me come. I got some things to get off my chest,"

"Anything for you, Mi amor," the visitation room was small and quiet. There were a few other people having a visit. I survey the room for who I thought was Kane. Imagine my surprise when the 6'4 muscular Arabic man was introduced to me as Kane.

"As-Salaam-Alaikum, my brother," his new York accent was also a surprise.

"Wa-Alaikum-Salaam," Shonari responds giving the large man a tight hug.

"And you brought me a gift?" He jokes, gesturing toward me 

"I'm Malinda, it's nice to meet you," I extend my hand, only for him to bring me into a big hug. "Oh, okay," I accept his hug, giving him one in return.

"I've heard so much about you, lil one," he releases me, looking over at Nari.

"All good things I hope," I also look over at Shonari to see him with his head down, blushing furiously.

"Only the best," Kane replies, leading us to one of the tables to sit. "How you been, yung  blood? Haven't heard from you in awhile,"

"I been straight. Getting myself together, you know,"

"You speak to ya moms yet?" He throws a pointed look at Shonari, then glances at me. I shake my head in response. "Damn, lil one dimed you out," he laughs loudly, the deep timber of his voice echoing off the walls of the nearly empty room. My face turns red, realizing that I answered for him. My b 🙃

"Damn Linda," Nari laughs, his deep voice also echoing. "Just put me out like that,"

"Lo siento," I apologize covering my mouth, signaling that I wouldn't say anything else.

"¿Hablas español, pequeñita?" Kane asks, his Spanish was really good.

"Si, mis abuelos son de Puerto Rico. ¿Enseñas español aqui?" I tell him my grandparents were from the island, before asking him how he learned.

"Yeah, my bunkie taught me a few years ago. Tried to teach feo, pero él no escucha bien," he jokes that Nari doesn't listen, and I laugh heartily, knowing it to be true.

"What we not bouta do is have a whole conversation like I'm not right here," Nari crosses his arms across his chest, interrupting Kane and I.

"Sorry baby," I kiss his cheek and Kane smiles.

"I'm glad you guys are together. I prayed for it, ya know?" Kane turns toward me, grabbing my hands. " He's hard headed and he's stuck in his ways, but you'll get through to him. You got to. If you don't, he'll end up right back here. So just be patient with him, please," he says to me with such sincerity, I had no choice but to agree. He then turns to Nari, and glares at him.

"Don't fuck up a good thing. And talk to ya momma. You only get one. She may have not been there for you, but Allah has. And Allah says to forgive." He pushes Nari's shoulder lightly.

"I hear you bruh. I hear you," Nari responds, his head hanging lowly.

"I know you hear with them big ass ears, but are you listening?" Kane replies smartly. I cover Nari's ears with my hands, cradling his head to my chest.

"Don't come for my baby, Kane," I stick my tongue out at the large man across from me, and Nari's deep laughter rattles my petite frame.

"See, keep her around man. That other broad been all up and through this facility, visiting a different dude every week," Kane says, mentioning Brandi. "She a bad lil snow bunny though," Kane raises his eyebrow at Nari.

"She used to be badder, but this lil thang rightchea," he wraps his arm around my shoulders, pulling me close to him and places a soft kiss on my temple. "Man oh man, my dude. She something else,"

"Oh stop it," I push him, blushing hard as hell.

"Yooo, I know why you look so familiar!" Kane suddenly exclaims loudly. "I know ya pops!" He then says after I look at him weirdly. His response makes me roll my eyes. "He's got a picture of you when you were a kid, keeps it in the pock-" he doesn't finish his statement, noticing my distaste at the mention of my father.

"She's not too fond of her pops, man," Nari tells him, shrugging a little bit.

"You only get one old man, lil one. Besides, he don't got nobody else," he speaks for my father.

"I know Kane. But we didn't come here to speak of my father," I look pointedly over at Nari, causing Kane to turn towards him expectantly. 

"I came to thank you man. And to get over this...aversion I got for this place," Nari finally says after a long silence. Kane laughs loudly, patting Nari's shoulder.

"No need to thank me for what Allah has sent me to do, brother. And what you mean, aversion? You been free for a grip, no reason to-" he stops midsentence, a look of realization crosses his features, before a look of anger replaces it. "You still in these streets, Shonari?" He asks low, his left eyebrow raised accusingly. He used Nari's full name, and I knew he was in some shit.

The silence between the question and the answer was long.

"I just need some extra cash, man," Nari responds, looking down at his hands.

"Don't you got a whole job? Don't ya girl make money?" Kane made a good point, Nari knew if he ever needed anything, money included, that I got him. Nari was visibly upset about the statement Kane made.

"Man, the fuck I look like? Asking my bitch, shit, any bitch, for some money when I know how to get it myself?" His voice loud, making the guard in the corner step forward. Kane motions for the guard to stand down. I wasn't upset that he called me a bitch, I was, but I wasn't. I was upset that he felt that he had to hustle instead of ask for help.

"First of all, apologize," Kane says as if he's scolding a child. Shonari huffs, wiping his face with both hands.

"I ain't mean it like that, Linda," he still doesn't look up at me, but I nod anyways.

"Nah, look at her and apologize. You were too busy buckin' at me to see her face when you said that ignorant ass shit," he mugs Nari, to which he just shakes his head. He turns toward me, and apologizes.

"I just wish you would ask for help instead of taking this on by yourself," I say, not looking up at him, knowing my confession would anger him. He huffs loudly again, and Kane rolls his eyes at his dramatics.

"Aiight mane, shit," he concedes and I wiggle in my seat a little in excitement.

"Kane, it was a pleasure, but we've gotta get back to the city," I rub Nari's thigh under the table. I was proud of him, and I'd like to show him just how much. He glances over at me and I smirk in response.

"I holla my dude," he says quickly, bidding Kane farewell. We give hugs and make our way to the elevator. "That's what you on?" He flashes a bright smile at me.

"Depends," I look up at him, waiting for the face I know he was gonna make. He looks down at me, his eyebrows raised.

"Depends on what?" The elevator dings, and we're on the ground floor again.

"On if you meant want you said," I flash a grin at him before walking towards the main entrance, leaving him stuck.