8

Another character change, please bear with me. Necia (Kaz's wife) in the mm

"It's nice to have him back," I look back at Nari, a small smile playing on my lips. We enter the bar, finding a booth towards the back. Kaz and Necia on one side, Nari and I on the other. I'm on the inside, and Nari can't seem to keep his hands to himself. Small touches on my knee, thigh and the small of my back, have my hormones all the way fucked up.

"Hey, what can I get you guys to drink?" The petite blond waitress asks, smiling hard. Kaz and Necia order their drinks and as I go to tell her mine, her rude ass cuts me off.

"I'll have a long island-"

"And you sir?" Biiitttcchhh

"I'll have what my girl is having," Shonari replies, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. Kaz and Necia snicker at the waitress's shocked expression, and I feel my face turn 50 shades of red.

"Oh, okay, so two uhh?" Girl didn't even know what I ordered. The nerve of her.

"Long Island iced teas, and a different waitress. Please and thank you," Kaz dismisses her with a wave of his hand.

"Damn, son, could a nigga get his face back? Shorty was staring hard," Nari laughs loudly, causing the rest of us to laugh.

~~~

I was not drunk, but I was most definitely buzzed. Nari, on the other hand, was wasted.

"Linda, you're so beautiful," Nari calls from the pool table closer to our booth. He's been calling me beautiful all night. I'd be lying if i didn't like it though 😏
He and Kaz were just fooling around, not actually playing, while Necia and I nursed our drinks and babysat these grown ass men.

"Girl, have fun getting his drunk ass back to your place," Necia laughs. She looks at me over her glasses, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Girl boo, after my little episode earlier, he probably thinks I'm crazy,"

"You are crazy, crazy in love with him. Just tell him Malinda. The worst thing that could happen is that he don't feel you like that," she advices.

"Yeah, cause I handled it so well the first time," I snort, memories of the pain I felt when he told me he just thought of me as his little sister, searing it's way to the forefront of my mind.

"Ten years makes a big difference, Linda. Maybe he got smart and realized you're the one for him,"

"Nah. It's probably just sexual, I mean he hasn't been with a woman in ten years, and a bitch do look good," I boast, flipping my ponytail playfully.

"I don't think so, but do you boo," Necia waves me off, collecting her things as we corral these drunk fools outside.

"Alright, we'll see yall. Love you," Necia says, hugging us.

"Wait, where you staying nigga?" Kaz questions Nari, his face scrunched up.

"W-well, I was hoping it'd be cool if I stay with L-linda," he slurs, looking at me pouting.

"Bet. Well hit my line w-when you up tomorrow and we'll get your shit s-straight," Kaz hiccups, giving his a weak pat on his shoulder.

"Alright drunkies, let's go. Night yall," I call to Kaz and Necia as they make their way to their condo across the street. I look over at Shonari who's about four five seconds from passing out, and decide to hail cab. There is no way I was gonna walk 5 blocks with his big ass.

"Linda, you really look good as hell, girl," Nari says sincerely. His dark brown eyes appear almost black. Heat rushes to my face, and I look down.

"Thank you Nari. Can you stand to get in the cab?" I ask him as a cab approaches.

"Yeah, I'm good ma. You good?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," knowing damn well he's not talking about my sobriety. Or lack thereof. I get in after him, closing the door behind me. I tell the driver my address, and he nods politely. Nari laid his head on my chest as I rubbed his head. It was a comfortable silence, until I heard him gag softly. Are you kidding me?

"Hey, can you pull over real quick? He's gonna throw up," as we pull to the side, Nari leans up, and I get the door open just in time for him to yak into the street. I rub his back until he's finished and pull a water bottle from my purse.

"Thank you, we'll walk from here," I pay the driver and he helps me assist Nari out of the cab.

"Hmm, water and fresh air will help you," I hand him the water bottle and he drinks it slowly.

"I love you, Malinda," Nari says, wiping his mouth. I don't know if he meant it the way I wanted him to, but my heart skipped a beat regardless.

"I love you too boy," and with that I placed a light kiss on his cheek, and we entered my loft.