11

Shonari's POV

Kaz and I made our way to the AT&T store about a block from Linda's crib.

"So, you guys talk?" Kaz asks, gazing at me.

"Yeah. She hard headed as hell, but I got through to her," I explain to him, shoving my hands in my pockets.

"Well it's about time, my nigga. But forreal forreal, you put her through some shit like that again, it's a wrap blood," His dark eyes held an animosity in them, and I knew he wasn't playing.

"Understood bruh. You ain't even gotta tell me,"

Walking into the store, we handled business as we intended and I walked out with an iPhone 6+ in hand. The first thing I did was call Linda.

"Hello?" Her soft voice came through the speaker.

"Hey lil mama, it's Nari. Save my number," I instruct her, as I hear her giggle into the receiver.

"Please, Shonari?" She asks

"Please hermosa?" I say, trying my tongue at her native language.

"Only because you asked so nicely,"

"Alright ma. We got a couple more things to get done. Be back soon,"

"Oh wait! Can you guys pick up some chicken breasts for dinner?"

"Please, Malinda?" I say, mocking her.

"Ain't no please, nigga. You wanna eat?"

"Okay wit ya mean ass," I chuckle, smiling hard.

"Linda, let him go. Got him cheesin' like a lil ass kid out here," Kaz rants, taking the phone from me to hang up.

"Ole cheesin' ass nigga," he laughs loudly as we make our way to the mechanic shop he works at. He had set up an interview with his boss so I could get on my feet. We enter a small office area, and I see an older man with thinning hair and a pot belly.

"Yo Nari, this is my boss, Bernard. Nardo, this is my lil brother Shonari," he introduces us, before stepping out of the office area. I shake Bernard's hand, and take a seat.

"Yall don't look much alike," he jokes, his southern accent takes me by surprise.

"He ain't my real brother, but that's my fam," I explain.

"Hmm, well ain't much to discuss, 'cept your pay and position. What you know bout cars, boy?"

"I learned some things in the pen. Know how to do oil changes, tire changes, engine repairs, things of the like," I answer honestly. He frowns a bit when I say pen, but he tries to cover it up. After that, it was smooth, and I walked out with a decent job.

"Let's get this damn chicken Malinda wants before she call my damn wife," Kaz says agitated, showing me the missed calls from his lil sister.

We head to a bodega about two blocks from Linda's place, getting what she asked for as well as snacks and shit, cause why not. Kaz was throwing grapes at me from down the aisle when Linda calls me.

"Yes ma?"

"Are you on the way? Necia's already here, and everything else is almost done," Her voice slightly raised, obviously irritated.

"Yeah, here we come now,"

"Thank God," I hear Necia say from the background.

"Hurry up, papi. I miss you," Linda says lowly, hanging up before I have a chance to respond. I grab Kaz's arm and go towards the register, eager to get back to Linda.

~~~

Linda had made bean and rice and chicken. It was delicious to say the least. My first home cooked meal in ten years.

"Mmm, this is really fucking good," I tell her, kissing her forehead.

"Aye, don't be kissing on my lil sister in front of me bruh," Kaz grunts from across the table.

"Shut up, Kazmir. They're cute," Necia smiles, hitting Kaz lightly. Linda blushes furiously, making me smile.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Kaz says, continuing to eat.

Dinner was nice. It was good to be home. More importantly, it was good to be with Malinda.

Linda and I did the dishes together after Kaz and Necia left.

"So you missed papi?" I ask her, smirking.

"Eh, un poquito. ¿Te falto?" I didn't understand her question, but hearing her speak in Spanish had me feeling some kinda way.

"¿Qué?" I say, wanting her to say more. She steps closer to me, a sensual smile on her full lips.

"I said did you miss me?" She whispers, her lips dangerously close to mine. As I lean in to kiss her, her fucking phone rings.

"Shit," I hear her say under her breath, grabbing her phone from the counter.

"Guess what bitch never called me back yesterday?" Linda's ratchet ass friend Imani screamed through the phone.

"Gone head. I'll finish in here," I tell her. She nods, walking to the terrace.

Short, I know. Super filler. Let me know what you guys think? Comments and ideas welcome. ❤