7

It was around 7:30, when we got to my house. All I wanted to do was sleep, but Kaz was adamant about our little reunion.

"This is nice, Linda, real nice. You've done good for yourself," Nari says looking around.

"It's not much, but it's home," I say, putting my keys on the hook by the door.

"It's very... you," he says, his hand grazing over the tons of paperwork I had on my desk.

"Uh, thanks I guess," I grab a pair of jeans and white tee my brother had left over, and hand them to him.

"Showers down the hall, to the left," I instruct, pointing.

"I'll be right out," he turns to leave, but then turns back towards me. He drops the clothes in the desk and grabs me, holding me close.

"God, I've missed you so much," he says, his voice crackinh, his lips move against my neck.

"I missed you too, Nari," More than you know. He then goes to take his shower.

"I should have kissed him. Shoulda kissed him. God, I'm such an idiot, I had the chance and didn't take it," I ran my hands through my hair, undoing my ponytail, before redoing it. I busied myself with the paperwork on my desk, waiting for Nari to finish his shower so I could take a quick washup.

"Hey, babygirl, I left my clothes out here, can you hand 'em to me?" Shonari walked towards me, in what seemed like slow motion. Water droplets fall from his chiseled jaw to his very muscular chest, even further to his-

"Malinda, my clothes?"

"Shit. S-s-sorry. Here," I hand him the clothes, looking away quickly.

"Ain't no shame in looking ma," he says chuckling, sexily, may I add. He walks closer to me, and I'm backed up against the wall.

"Cause I been looking at you all day," He drawls lowly, before tucking his bottom lip between his teeth. Oh fuck me.

"I fully intend to babygirl," he smirks and walks back toward the bathroom. I said that outloud? I grab my phone and head out to the terrace of my loft.

"Mani, I can't do it," I say as soon as she answers, my voice shaking as bad as my hands.

"Do what? What's wrong, love?" She sounds to be moving to a quieter area, probably at work.

"I don't mean to bother you, but I can't keep these feelings for him at bay, I can't," by now tears are falling, and I feel lightheaded.

"Malinda, stop crying. It's okay. You don't have to, no one expects you too. We just don't wanna see you hurt again,okay mama?" Imani tried to console me, but the memories of crying over him, swearing away men in general, and being there for him while he was in prison despite such, made me hyperventilate. Sign of a panic attack.

"Linda, you ready to go?" Shonari's baritone voice scared me, further distracting my breathing. He saw the tears and immediately grabbed my thick frame, pressing me against him. He took the phone from me, telling Imani that he's got me, and he'd have me call he back.

"Babygirl, calm down. Why you crying?" He rubbed my back, rocking us back and forth. I couldn't tell him.

"N-nothing. I'll get over it."

"Or nah. We betta than that. Tell me wassup," he spoke softly, leading me inside.

"It's nothing Nari. Promise. Let's go, you know how Kaz gets,"

~~~

"Bout time. Yall niggas slow as hell," Kaz yelled from about a block away, as he saw Shonari and I approaching. Shonari's hand rested on the small of my back as we walked. He had changed into a pair of dark jeans, black v neck that fit snug over his broad shoulders, and his grill gleamed in the light. I wore a pair of ripped jeans that showed off my figure, and a black v neck as well.

"Look at yall matching and shit. Yall cute or whatevaaa," my brother's wife Necia, laughed lightly.

"Completely unplanned," I explain, hugging them both. Kaz and Nari share a long hug, while Necia and I walk toward Patty's, the Irish bar we often went to.

"How's it feel to have him home?" She asked me as we walk, the boys a few steps behind us, holding their conversation. It seemed everyone was aware of my feelings for him, except for him.