You Dodge His Kiss * Rick Grimes

(I JUST FOUND OUT THAT I REACHED 1K READS IN THIS BOOK I'M SO AKVSJSBSJSBID THANK YOU SO SO MUCH I'M HONESTLY ALMOST CRYING [also I'm sorry for not updating it's just that I ran out of ideas and I had no internet] THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR VOTING AS WELL AND

BYE XOXO)

Season 2: I was loving to stay at Hershel's farm. It was an amazing place. It had fences all around, shelter and there was also lots of food and water. The only bad thing was the tension between most people.

Rick killed Shane. He had gone insane and he released the walkers in the barn leaving us only one way to keep them away, which meant that we had to kill them all. The worst part was that Sophia was one of the walkers inside and Carol had been crying for days.

Also, I started to get along with Beth really well. She was my beat friend around that place and I really loved her presence.

One day, we were both walking around the farm to check on the wooden fences to see if they needed any fixing or replacing.

"I've seen it." Beth said running her hand slowly through the wood while we walked forward.

"You've seen what?" I asked filled with curiosity. Our steps getting slower and slower until we stopped and she turned to me with a little smile playing on her lips. There was nothing good about that smile.

"The way you look at the sheriff." She elbowed me slightly. "No one else seems to have noticed."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Lies. Of course I knew what she was talking about. Maybe I had a crush for him. I didn't really know what to feel.

"Of course you do! Don't lie to me!" She giggled. I couldn't contain a tiny smile at her giggles.

"You're too young to know what love-looks look like." No she wasn't. She already had a boyfriend and of course she looks at him differently.

"I'm young, not blind." She started walking again and so did I walking next to her during the whole time.

When we got back from checking the fences, she rushed to her dad and told him immediately that everything was in place and nothing needed to be replaced or repaired. While she did that, I walked back to the group.

"Hi, (Y/n)." Glenn waved at me with a grin on his face.

"Hi, Glenn." I waved back.

I sat down next to him and we all started to eat lunch while sitting in a circle. The tents were behind us.

The lunch went by extremely silent and no one said a word about anything at all. Not even Carl dared to speak. He killed Shane as a walker, not that big of a deal for us adults, but he was just a little boy.

While we ate, I looked over at Rick with that different look Beth was talking about. He looked back at me and mouthed something from which I understood "Meet me behind the barn, I need to talk to you." I just nodded and looked back at my food. Silence reigned and no one looked at anyone.

After we all ate, we all started to go back to their normal activities. I walked behind the barn to see an empty space. He wasn't there.

A few minutes after waiting while sitting on the floor, Rick came around the corner and I stood up.

"You needed to talk to me?" I asked a little nervous.

"Yes." He said with his hands resting on his hips. "I just want to know if you think this whole Shane situation is that bad."

"Honestly, I think you did the right thing." I said now with confidence. I was telling him my actual opinion. "He was putting our group in danger. He wanted to kill you and you acted in your legitimate defense. There's nothing wrong with that."

"I guess you're right." He started to approach me slowly and I didn't walk back because of the wall behind me, otherwise I would be walking out of there really fast. "I just wish people around here were more like you." His forehead now just a few centimeters away from mine.

He held my chin with his right hand and made me look at him. He started leaning in and his lips were so close to mine. Suddenly, without thinking, or maybe thinking the right way, I turned my face and he kissed my cheek. Regret and pride filled my whole body.

Lori wasn't the best person and I might love Rick but I would never do this to her.

He looked into my eyes with an understanding look on his face and walked back. A few seconds of awkward silence when I finally decided to walk away with my heart in my hands.