You Kiss * Rick Grimes

Season 3: Well, I guess things couldn't get worse. The farm had gone to shit, we had nothing to eat and nowhere to stay. Hershel was devastated, as well as Beth. Maggie was feeling bad as well, but she had Glenn to comfort her.

I sat on a rock next to Beth, my best friend, and I tried to cheer her up.

"Hey, at least your father is ok. And your sister is happy." I placed my hand on her back and rubbed it slightly.

"I know, and that makes me happy. But Patricia's death just keeps playing on repeat in my head." She hid her teary eyes behind her hands. Her elbows on her knees and her head on my shoulder.

"It's not your fault. You just have to accept that this will happen more often. Eventually, it'll be me." I hugged her.

There was something wrong with Rick since Shane disappeared. He was always a little off and never paid much attention to what was going on around him. Honestly, I wanted him dead so I was happier than I was worried.

I looked over at him and he walked away, not far from where we were, and Lori followed right behind him.

"Do you think the walkers took my boyfriend?" (sorry, can't remember his name) Beth asked me with teary eyes. I couldn't lie to her. I was inside the RV when he was killed by the dead. I couldn't save him, it was suicide, so I broke the window and ran until I found Beth and the rest of our group.

"I... When I..." I stuttered a little not wanting her to cry anymore, but it had to be done. "I was with him inside the RV when the walkers started to take over. They eventually knocked the door down and ate him." I said the last part almost whispering. I left against my will. I really wanted to try and save him, but I just couldn't.

The tears came back to her eyes and she broke down. I held her in my arms and she wrapped hers around me.

When Lori came back, she didn't seem very happy. She seemed rather sad and shocked at the same time.

"Hey, Beth, I'll be right back." She nodded and I stood up walking in Rick direction. He was walking into the woods.

I reached for his shoulder and turned him around looking at his face and teary eyes.

"Rick... What happened?" I asked him and he blinked the tears away.

"I killed Shane. He wanted to kill me and I was acting in legitimate defense. I couldn't just leave Carl and Lori alone with a psycho." He looked me in the eyes. "But now they are living with one, and that's me."

"No! You're not! You saved them! Actually, you saved lots of us. Do you think they would survive if Shane was in charge?" I tried cheering him up, and it was working.

"I think they would..."

"No they would not." I interrupted him. "YOU are their leader. Without you they would be lost. With Shane they would be dead." I caressed his shoulder. He was smiling slightly.

"Thank you, (Y/n)." He looked at the ground.

"Glad to help." I turned around and I started to walk away when he stopped me turning me around and kissed my lips with passion.

"Lori cheated, so I'm cheating now." He smiled cupping my cheeks.

"You deserve this." And I kissed him again.