7- Welcome to the Department of Heroics!

200 reads already?! Thank you so much!! ❤❤❤

-----------

"A quirk apprehension test?!" Most of the class shouts in confusion. It made sense to you, after all, this is Yuuei.

"What about the entrance ceremony?! And the guidance counselor meeting?!" A girl with bobbed brown hair asks.

"If you want to be heroes, we don't have time for frilly niceties. You all understand the school's reputation for freedom in campus. Well, that 'freedom' goes for us senseis, too." The class looks at Aizawa in confusion, and he sighs. "Softball pitch. Standing long jump. 50 meter dash. Endurance running. Grip strength test. Sustained sideways jumps. Upper body exercises. Seated toe touch. These are all activities you know from middle school, naturally. Physical tests where you were barred from using your quirks. The country still hasn't gotten around to standardizing those sorts of records our keeping track of average performance levels. Well, that's negligence on the part of MEXT (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology). Bakugou, since you got first on the entrance exam*, I'll ask you. How far could you pitch a softball in middle school?" (*Note: You were in second place with 52 villain points and 23 rescue points, so he just barely beat you at 77 villain points)

"67 meters." The blond boy answers. Oh so his name is Bakugou...

"Try using your quirk this time around. Anything is fine as long as you don't exit the circle. Don't hold back."

"You got it." He stretches his arms before pulling his arm back, and throwing the ball. "DIIIIEEE!!!!!" He shouts, and blasts the ball with his explosion quirk.

"Die?" You chuckle. "What a hothead." Kaminari snickers at your comment.

"N/n-chan you're a bit of a hothead, too..." He says.

You glare at him, which amuses him further. "Shut up, Kami-kun."

"Well both of you are literal hotheads because of your quirks." Kirishima adds.

"Yeah whatever, Kiri-kun." You grumble. He had a point.

The two boys laugh as you sulk, and you fail to notice Bakugou looking at the three of you in annoyance.

Bakugou's POV:

Damn, did she really just ignore my awesome throw?! I threw it extra far just to impress her too... WHAT THE HELL NO I DIDN'T I JUST WANTED TO PROVE I'M BETTER THAN THAT NERD!!

Back to normal POV:

"Before anything else, one must know what they're capable of. This is a rational metric that will form the basis of your 'hero foundation.'" As Aizawa says this, he holds up the measuring device.

"705.2 meters?! Unreal!" Kaminari yells.

"Awesome that looks so fun!"

We can really use our quirks now?! That's the department of heroics for you!"

"It looks like fun you say...? So you were planning on spending your the years here having a good ol' time? What happened to becoming hero's? Alright then. In that case, new rule: the student that ranks last place in total points will be judged 'hopeless' and instantly expelled."

This causes an uproar. Students shouting things like "You can't do that!!" and "But it's the first day!" You don't worry though, with your awesome quirk, it's not like you were going to get anywhere near last place. You were a little bit worried about Kaminari and Kirishima whose quirks wouldn't be very useful in this, but you had faith in them.

Pulling his hair out of his face, Aizawa grins. "Our freedom means we dispense with students as we please!  Welcome to this... The department of heroics!"

----------

Hopefully I'll have the next chapter done and posted tonight as well!
Please leave any feedback, suggestions, etc. in the comments section :)