13- Better

"Next up...! Team B vs Team I!! Team B will be the heroes, and Team I will play the part of the villains!" Allmight says.

"Woo~! We're next, Oji-kun!" You cheer.

"Uh, L/n... You do know know who we're fighting, right?" Ojiro asks you.

"Nah, but whoever it is we'll kick their butts!" You say while punching the air.

"We're up against Todoroki and Shouji..." Her tells you.

"So?"

"Todoroki was one of the four recommended. He's really strong."

"And we're really strong too." You say. You didn't understand what he was trying to tell you. Todoroki is strong, you are stronger. You have to be.

"Alright, Team I, head into the building now. You'll have five minutes to prepare for them. Team B can wait outside.

" 'Kay!" You say as you and Ojiro head out into the next building. You look at your map and the two of you arrive in the room with your weapon to protect. The class had to switch buildings because the previous was too damaged.

"So, Shouji can heart pretty well right? Cause he can grow ears and eyes and stuff on the ends of his arms or whatever right?" You were pretty certain, but you just wanted to verify with Ojiro. He nods in response.

"Then Todoroki... He can create ice or something, right?" You weren't aware that his quirk also dealt with heat/fire. Neither was Ojiro, as he replied with another nod.

"Yeah I think. How should we defend the weapon?" He asks.

"Well if all Shouji can do is grow eyes and stuff, can I leave him to you? I think you'd be a pretty good match cause you're really fast and good at dodging and he's really big and strong. Todoroki uses ice, and I use fire, so we would go together pretty well battle wise. We're both the stronger too. No offense." You say.

"Okay, that makes sense." He says.

"I'm assuming Todoroki will be the one leading the attack, since he's the stronger skill wise of the two. It only makes sense. Hmm... Wait! If Shouji can hear really well, don't you think he'll know where we are?! Hurry! Get to a different level!!" You run off and jump down a flight of stairs. You hear Ojiro run in the opposite direction.

The weapon was on the seventh floor which was the highest you could go, aside from the roof. Just as you made it to the second floor, you hear the announcement saying the heroes were entering. You drop to the ground and try to slow your breathing. Silently, you crouch on the ground. You hear footsteps below you. Suddenly, the temperature drops.

Shit!

You see ice forming all around you, and you leap into the air just in time as the ground you were just sitting on freezes over. You land lightly on top of the ice.

Smirking, you walk towards the source of the footsteps as they grow nearer. There was only one set. I'm so glad I got the spikes on my boots!

You quickly duck behind a wall as you realize how close Todoroki is. He doesn't seem to notice you as he walks by. Once he turns his back towards you, you jump on top of him, and slam your first towards his back. Swiftly, he whips around and catches your fist, and flips you so you fall forward. You grip his hand and pull him down with you.

The two of you land with a thud. You quickly jump up and light your fists. You get into stance for an incoming attack.  Todoroki quickly lifts his arm up and attempts to freeze you. Just in time, you dive to the side to avoid his attack. You tuck and roll onto the ground, and tackle him. He grunts, and grabs your shoulders. You feel your arms start to go numb, so you do the only thing you can think of.

Set yourself on fire.

Todoroki gasps in pain and pulls away at the huge temperature change. The ice around you starts to melt. "Oji-kun, where're you? I ran into  Todoroki on the second floor near the stairs. Did he manage to freeze you?" You ask him over the ear piece.

"Yeah he got me... I tried running from it, but he still managed to get me. I'm on the sixth floor right in front of the stairs. I can hear you two battling right now." Ojiro replies.

"Okay-"

"Not bad, L/n-san. Unfortunately, you'll have to do better if you want to beat me. Maybe when you're stronger." Confused by his words, you're only given a moment to react before he punches you in the stomach with an extra burst of... Heat? You feel the heat start to get to your head, so to lower your body temperature, you extinguish the flames. You grab your stomach where he hit you. Suddenly, Todoroki's ice shoots from the ground, and encases you entirely except for your head.

You weren't done yet. There's no way this guy was stronger than you. He's not winning. Getting mad, and starting to panic, you set yourself on fire once more.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. You'll overheat and pass out. I'd rather not be held responsible for that." Todoroki says as he walks towards the stairs.

Hearing him say that makes you furious. "BASTARD!!! GET BACK HERE!! I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU!!!" You struggle to contain your rage, and release yourself from the ice.

"You're only making it harder for yourself." Todoroki says as he disappears up the stairs.

"GO FUCK YOURSELF!!" You scream. You feel yourself start to burn out. You can't withstand the heat for long periods of time. You may not be able to get burned, but you can still get overheated.

You struggle for a few more minutes, and feel yourself start to pass out. Just as you finally extinguish the flames, you hear the dreaded announcement. "Hero team wins!!!" Allmight's voice rings over the speakers.

"DAMN IT ALL!! WHAT THE FUCK DID I DO WRONG?!?! There's- there's no way... That that asshole... is stronger than me..." The reality starts to sink in.

He is stronger than you.

More powerful than you.

Smarter than you.

Better than you.