8- Testing Your Skills

"That's just way too unreasonable!"

"Natural disasters... Massive accidents... Ego-mad villains... All kinds of calamities can happen when we least expect them. Japan's positively drenched in the 'unreasonable'. And it's our job as heroes to reverse it all, and restore reason.

"If you were counting on a friendly chat at the local McDonald's after school, that's too bad. From now on, for the next three years, all you can expect from your life at Yuuei is one hardship after the next. This is 'Plus Ultra'. I expect you to overcome these trials and climb to the top."

Hearing his speech gets you fired up, and you can't wait for the upcoming tests.

"Now then, that was the demonstration. Time to step up to the plate."

Trial 1: The 50-Meter Dash

"Iida Tenya- 3.04 seconds! Asui Tsuyu- 5.58 seconds."

"Ribbit." She says. Watching Asui and Iida race made you super pumped for your race. You already knew you could travel pretty fast using your fire as rockets.

As the other students go, you check the average. It seems to be roughly 5-6 seconds. "L/n, Bakugou, you're up."

Ack! I have to go against him?! I'm gonna blow him away!! You step up to the start and get ready. The beep indicates to go and you hear Bakugou yell "Blast Rush!!" at the same time as you shoot fire out of your hands. The two of you are neck to neck until the very end where you pull in front of him slightly.

"4.07 seconds! 4.13 seconds!" The robot tells us. You smirk happily and highfive Kirishima as you pass him. Bakugou doesn't seem impressed that you beat him, which boosts your ego.

Trial 2: The Grip Strength Test

You pick up little machine and frown. There was no way you could use your quirk for this, so you had to rely on your physical strength. Luckily, you had done lots of training before school started, so you were prepared.

You squeezed as tight as you could, and heard the machine beep. It read 63 kg. You could hear your classmates shouting about how a guy got 540 kg. You frowned even more after hearing that.

Trial 3: Standing Long Jump

You turned to Aizawa. "Can I take my shoes of for this?" He nods and the other student look at you in confusion. Bakugou glares at you as you stand next to him barefoot. As you jump in the air, you shoot fire out of your feet and hands to propel yourself past the line, only a few centimeters behind Bakugou. He smirks at you and you stick your tongue out at him before getting your shoes and socks.

Trial 4: Sustained Sideways Jumps

This one was going to be difficult to do, but it was worth a shot. As you jump back and forth, you shoot little bursts of fire to either side to give you a boost. It wasn't very easy, or effective.

Trial 5: Softball Pitch

Your jaw dropped as the brown haired girl got infinity. "How in the-" you stammer.

"That's Uraraku Ochako, her quirk is gravity related." Kaminari explains to you.

"Oh..."

You walk up to take your turn. "HAAAAHHH!" You shout as you throw the the ball as far as possible, and blast it with fire. Luckily you don't incinerate it. You look over to see your score. "Only 705.2 meters..." You frown. That's the exact same as Bakugou. He looks at you in annoyance.

The plain kid takes his place in the circle. "Midoriya's not doing so well, is he?" Iida states.

"Of course not!!! He's a quirkless fucking guppy!" You look over at Bakugou and Iida. Quirkless...?

"He has a quirk! Didn't you hear about what he did during the entrance exam?!" Iida sounds extremely offended and you can't help but chuckle at Bakugou's reaction. As Midoriya throws the ball, his arm lights up in an odd way, but the light goes out before the ball leaves his hand.

"46 meters."

He seems shocked and starts to mumble. Aizawa says something to him that shocks Midoriya. He let's out a shocked gasp as he realizes who the teacher really is. "Those goggles...! The erasing hero- Eraserhead!"

"I thought he looked familiar..." You whisper to yourself.

The students around you start chattering in either confusion or amazement. You can't hear what they're talking about, so you stretch for the next trial. You look up and see Midoriya get in the pitching position once more.

He swings his arm forward and you frown. There's no glowing this time- Wait! His finger- BOOM!

Shocked at the amount of force, Bakugou, you, and the rest of your classmates stare at Midoriya. "How did he- He's so plain looking! How did someone like him do that?!" You yell in confusion and anger. You were pissed at his mark. 705.3 meters. That's 0.1 further than you. How could someone so plain be better at this than you?! And only using one finger's with of his power?! Boy were you mad.

Bakugou was clearly just as pissed, if not more, at the poor kid. "Sensei...! I... I can still move!" Midoriya says, while clenching his fist and clearly broken finger.

Uraraku cheers for Midoriya, and Iida says something about the entrance exam.

In a flash, Bakugou races at Midoriya screaming, "What is this, Deku?! Explain now, shitrag!!" Midoriya looks completely terrified.

Suddenly, Aizawa's scarf shots out and wraps itself in front of Bakugou preventing him from running any closer to Midoriya.

"Stop making me use my quirk so goddamn much! I've got dry eye, dammit!!" Aizawa shouts. "We're wasting time. Prepare for the next trial."

As Uraraku checks Midoriya's finger, you walk up to Bakugou. As much as you dislike him, you had to ask him something. "Has he always had that quirk? I thought he was just some plain weakling! Not competition!" You say.

Bakugou glares at you. "If he's always had that fucking quirk, he's been keeping it a secret from me for the past eleven years!" He snaps at you. You turn away to catch up with Kaminari and Kirishima.

For the rest of the trials, you couldn't find a way to use your quirk so most of your results were average.

"Time to present the results." Aizawa informs the class. "The total is simply the aggregate sum of each of your scores. If I recited all of your scores it'd take a million years, so I'll disclose them all at once. Oh yeah, that whole expulsion thing was a lie. It was a logical rise to pull out your best performances." He grins as some of your classmates freak out.

"Come on guys, use your brains! Of course it was just a ruse!" A girl with her black hair in a ponytail says. You had a feeling that he was originally planning on sending the last place student home, but didn't say anything. Instead, you turned your attention to the hologram.

"Shit, only forth?!" You say in anger. First place was that know-it-all ponytail girl, Yaoyorozu Momo, second was Todoroki Shouto the guy with the half white-half red hair, and third... Third place went to Bakugou Fucking Katsuki. He turns and smirks at you. If looks could kill, you'd be arrested for manslaughter.