Complete Change (2 weeks later)

I was out in the town looking for a new suit for my work. I worked at the robotics lab of Planeptune developing new software and hardware for different machines. When I wasn't in the lab building new parts or coding new programs, I was either at home or thinking about new concepts. Recently, I've taken a fascination for new space exploration technology. I'm currently thinking about something that can generate or turn off the gravity of planets or moons. I have the schematics for it already, I just need the institute's approval. That's why I'm getting a new suit. I picked out a suit that had a black jacket, white shirt and a red tie. I finally got to the meeting room and went inside. I was being watched by about 15 men in suits as well. I went to the front of the table and started explaining my concept. After about 15 minutes of explaining the schematics, I was finished my presentation. One of the men spoke up.

-"What would your invention be used for?" He asked.

-"Colonizing other planets. Any planet with a high enough gravity has an atmosphere so we use this to avoid overpopulation!" I said.

-"Well, I have to admit, Gamindustri's population has been increasing rapidly. Perhaps this could help us. But how do we know if this'll work?" 

-"We test it on a planet obviously."

-"We've got no other choice, let's do it. Get to work on building it!"

-"Got it."

     I went outside and was heading towards the lab again until I ran into someone by mistake. We both fell to the ground and I quickly got up to help her to her feet.

-"Sorry about that! I wasn't looking where I was going!" I said apologetically.

-"It's okay! I wasn't going anywhere in particular." She said.

     She spoke slowly and had a certain tiredness to her voice. She had light purple hair and was wearing something that looked like pajamas since she was wearing slippers and was holding a little plushie of someone. Didn't recognize who though. 

-"Where are you going anyway?" She asked.

-"Oh, I'm heading back to the robotics lab of Planeptune to start the construction of something new!" I said.

-"What are you building?"

-"Something that's going to save the human race." I said ambitiously.

-"Well if it's something good, then good luck!"

     I went home to change into something more handyman-like. I wasn't gonna start getting oil and axle grease on my new suit.

2 HOURS LATER

     I was working on the gravity distorter first since that was the hardest thing to make. I couldn't stop thinking about that girl I ran into though. She was cute sure, but I got a bad vibe being around her. I don't hate her, it's just that something felt off. I'll have to be careful if I see her again. 

1 HOUR LATER

     I was in the lab just finishing up the construction of the power core of the gravity distorter when I heard a loud noise outside. It sounded like an explosion of some sort.

-"What the hell?" I said.

     I heard someone banging on the door. He sounded very angry at either me or the door. After a while of banging, I saw the door get smashed. Many soldiers entered the room and pointed their weapons at me. I put my hands up.

-"You're coming with us!" He yelled.

-"What do you want from me?!" I yelled back.

-"Your mind, your ideas, they interest the boss and he wants you there now!"