Her Interest

This was the first day of my return. Fresh recruits were ready for my training regiment. Before I quit the military, I had made a title for myself. People knew me as "The Lawless Attacker". The reason for that was, as the others described, my "Intense capabilities in battle" and my "speed unlike any other human". It is true that I'm more agile and fast in battle. I've always wondered why but never got an answer. I arrived at the training site and all of the new recruits watched as I entered the room. I stopped in front of some controls.

-"This is a warm up first. Kill the targets." I said as I activated the holographic battlefield. 

     The new recruits just aimed and fired at anyone in sight. Some of the holograms got hit, but others shot back. I turned off the simulation and went over to the troops.

-"Recruits, what do you think you did wrong?" I asked.

-"We...didn't hit the targets?" One of them said.

-"WRONG! The first thing you did wrong was not take cover! After that you should've counted your bullets so you know exactly how many there are in your clips. Then use strategic planning and movements to flank the enemy. I didn't expect you to get it on your first try anyway. Think about what I said and apply that tomorrow! Am I understood?!" I said.

-"Yes sir!" They all said.

-"Dismissed."

     They all left the room and I booted up the simulation myself. I took out my Ripper and took cover. I felt bullets hit the top of my cover and I started counting. I already know my clip size anyway but I did just to be sure.

...

     I had a full clip of ammo and I heard footsteps coming towards me. I jumped in the air while doing a back flip and fired at 5 guys coming for me. I landed and rolled out of cover while still firing. Someone came around the corner and I jumped straight for him. I tripped him, turned him around and used him as a shield from the barrage of bullets coming towards me. I ran towards everyone else while they reloaded and took them out one by one. Eventually they were all just broken coding. I heard the speaker say something.

-"HARD MODE INITIATING." The speaker said.

     I looked over to the control panel to see my recruits from earlier manning the controls. I smirked at them as I saw the coding of a tank being formed.

-"Finally, I have a challenge." I said to myself.

     I ran towards the tank, dodging its shots while shooting at other holograms. I jumped on top of it and knocked on the hatch. It opened and I shot the hologram in the face. I tossed a grenade inside and jumped off. I looked back at the tank. There was a short delay before the whole thing exploded. The new recruits were cheering my name then started up something else. I saw an attack helicopter being formed. I immediately took cover behind a piece of a wall. I ran around the arena trying to shoot the pilot. The cockpit was reinforced with steel. I saw an opportunity and ran straight for the chopper. I grabbed onto the landing skids and climbed up. I shot the pilot and threw him out. I took the controls and took out the rest of the enemies. I planted an explosive on the controls and landed. I got out of the chopper and detonated the explosive.

-"Now that's how you do it!" I said.

Iris Heart P.O.V.

     Amazing, I haven't see a human move that fast before. He should've been finished going up against the tank. Again proving to be very capable. I wonder if he has anything else that he hasn't shown me. I'll have to keep watching.

Mike P.O.V.

     I was on my way home after the training session today. I learned that you can only be a super soldier if you go by a very strict and difficult training routine. I have to make sure to never give them a break. If I do, their minds won't be strong. Having a strong mind is key to obtaining strength. You can react faster and have better decisive skills. I was almost at my house when I heard someone calling my name.