Erased Mind

Mike P.O.V.

I felt nothing, I saw nothing, I sense nothing. I am currently in a state where nothing exists in my brain. That's when I finally heard something. Someone yelling. I felt my vision return slowly as I opened my heavy eyelids. I took a few moments to get familiarized with my surroundings. I was in a lab of some sort. Wait, didn't this happen before? Now that I think about it, this lab has some similarities to the last one I was in. I felt weak, extremely weak. A man in a lab coat walked up to me.

-"Greetings my friend. I am Doctor Troy." He said.

-"Where...where am I?" I asked.

-"You are currently in my lab."

-"How did I get here?"

-"Well, if you're going to ask what I think you're going to ask, I'll just tell you the whole story."

-"Please do, I'm a little confused."

-"I have had an interest in you for quite some time now. I have been monitoring your actions and have been eagerly awaiting to meet you in person. When I heard that you took out Focal Cannon installation #000, I prepared a search party. It was not even necessary because I saw you outside my window when I received the report. I brought you inside and noticed that you didn't have a CPU core in you anymore. If you feel weak right now, that's why. I decided to perform an experiment on you, that's why you're here. You see, I know what you have done these past few years. Your actions against us by killing all of us you encounter, has been slowing down our production levels in our supply routes, water pumps and power lines. This is something I cannot allow. So I have decided to...modify...you for our gain. Unfortunately, you will not remember that this procedure even happened. So thank you in advance, we are very much in your debt. I have thought ahead though, I know that any experiment I do on you now would be too much for you to handle. So I'm going to give you a CPU core again once you're asleep. Anyway, Adam! Power it up! I'm sorry but this is necessary. After all, you need to stop hurting us." He said.

     The machine in front of me started to connect wires all over my body. The main piece of the machinery was coming closer to my face. It latched on to the top of my head as I heard the doctor say something.

-"Just imagine yourself...in a frozen forest." He said as my brain slipped away.

...

...

...

3 MONTHS LATER

Iris Heart P.O.V.

     I was really worried about where he was at this point. We were now searching in the Archozanian System. It's been a very long time since we heard from Mike. I was starting to fear the worst. I'll admit it, I may be feared by most enemies that I face, but I really do care about my nation's citizens. Mike being no exception. Memories of me being with him started to flow through my head. I felt a single tear roll down my cheek. I heard the door behind me opening and quickly wiped the tear away. 

-"Lady Iris Heart, I have bad news." He said.

-"I'm listening." I said.

-"It's been over 3 months and we still haven't found evidence of Mike still being alive. The search teams aren't willing to search for him anymore. It pains me to say this but, we have to call off the search for him. From now on, Mike's status will be "presumed dead". It's already in the system." He explained.

     I was speechless as he finished talking. He was about to leave the room until he turned to me and said one last thing.

-"We're heading home." He said.