On The Edge of Death (5 years later)

Plutia P.O.V.

     Mike has not woken up ever since he was brought back. Almost no progress on his recovery has been made yet. His arm still missing and his leg still burnt and still insanely hot, almost like fire. At this point, the entire nation has lost all hope that he'll come back to us...except me. My usual visit was interrupted by something unexpected. Mike was flat lining!

     Surgeons and doctors desperately ran into the room and started to work

-"You might want to close your eyes Lady Plutia." One of the doctors said, pulling out a powered metal saw.

     It kinda made sense since he now had metal skin due to his dragon mode. I kept my eyes open as I saw him cut open Mike's chest with the saw, sparks flying everywhere. Once the chest was open one of the doctors escorted me out of the room. Once we were outside the room he spoke up.

-"I'm sorry Plutia but, we can't risk any interruptions. I hope you can understand." He said to me.

-"Yes, I understand. Just...keep me updated." He started closing the door. "I mean it!" I said as he closed the door.

     It would take some time for them to be done I presumed. I sat down in a chair next to the door and waited.

3 HOURS LATER

     I was nearly about to doze off until the doctors came out of the room with a sorrow expression. It looked like they were trying to find the right words to say. Eventually, one spoke up.

-"I'm sorry Plutia. We tried everything we could." He said.

-"Do you mean-" I was interrupted.

-"Sam! Don't say it like that!" Another doctor said, punching the first one who spoke up on the back.

-"Listen, the truth is...Mike will survive...but he may never be fully functional again." He said hesitantly.

I ran into the room.

-"Plutia, I don't think it's wise for you to-"

-"Let her..."

     I ran to Mike's side. His heart rate monitor was normal again but that didn't shake the thought from my head that I had the chance of losing him for good.

4 DAYS LATER

     Mike is remaining in a vegetative state, not responding to anything that anyone says or does. Now was not the time for thinking back at that though. The Basilicom has been receiving reports of loud noises coming from underground and from the forest. The forest that the reports were mentioning is a monster habitat so it makes sense that loud noises would emanate from it but I was checking it out anyway. Once I arrived I landed and started walking around, looking for anything suspicious. I was walking around for a while until I found a bright glowing ball on the ground. I picked it up and it seemed to be trying to get away from me. Wait a minute...this is a CPU core! Was this what was making loud sounds? Whatever, I put it in my pocket and kept going. I was searching for a good 2 hours and didn't find anything. I decided to call off the search. I headed back to the hospital and went in Mike's room only to see Histoire and Anna inside, along with other soldiers.