Win Something But Forget Everything Else

Iris Heart P.O.V.

     I see darkness. I hear faint voices calling my name. I awoke on a medical table, vision blurry but slowly recovering. I sat up trying to reach the door. The doctor stopped me. Insisted I needed to rest more. I shoved him aside as I made my way out of the medical facility on the Akula. I saw Captain Vex preparing something. I approached him.

-"Captain, what's happening?" I asked.

-"It's Mike Lady Iris Heart! He's M.I.A.! We last saw him get launched out into space by the explosion of the planet. We were forced to retreat to a safe distance. Were on our way back and preparing several search parties." He explained.

-"No...only prepare one."

-"What?!"

-"I will go to search for him myself." I said in a stern tone.

-"If that's what you want Lady Iris Heart, but I must advise you that sending out only one will decrease the chances that you find him tremendously!"

-"Have you already forgotten Captain? The closer I get to him, the stronger I can feel his power. If he's still alive, I'll find him." 

-"If you say so Madam."

-"I DO say so Captain. Now prepare that search party."

-"Right away!"

     I left the room as he issued the new orders. I went back to my original form and fell asleep in my bed.

...

...

...

     My dreams were nothing but Mike. I dreamed about how he fought. An amazing sight for me. But the bad thoughts started to roll in. My dreams turned to nightmares. Mike getting swarmed and ripped apart by the enemy. It soon swapped over to him getting tortured and experimented on. 

-"NO!" I yelled as I woke up.

     I looked around to confirm I was still in my bed. Yup, still here. There's no doubt now, he's out there, he's alive. I can feel him even now! I was about to head out when I heard a knock at the door. I transformed and answered the door.

-"Yes what is it?" I asked.

-"L-lady Iris Heart! The search crew is ready to depart on your orders!" The trooper said.

-"Tell them I'll be there soon." 

-"Yes Madam!" He said as he ran off.

I took a moment to think. I hope he's okay. He's alive but I don't know if he's injured. 

-"Guess I better get down there." I said to myself.

     I went to the elevator and went down to the hanger. I got there just in time to board the scouting ship. 

     We took off and started the search among the debris field

     We took off and started the search among the debris field. I went up to the cockpit.

-"Go over there." I said.

-"Why?" The pilot asked.

-"Are you questioning my leadership soldier?" I said in an intimidating and sadistic tone.

-"N-no Madam! Over there right? You got it!" He said, shaking a small bit.

     He went in the direction I pointed in and I felt Mike's power getting stronger and stronger.

-"We're getting closer." I said.

-"How can you tell anyway?" The co-pilot asked.

-"I can feel his power getting stronger the closer we get to him."

-"Interesting."

     3 HOURS LATER

     After a long time of searching, I felt his power overflowing. He should be right in front of us. Where is he?

-"Stop, he's somewhere around here. Let me out, I'm gonna go look for him. You look around with the search lights." I ordered.

-"Yes Madam!" He said.

     The hatch opened and I went out. I looked at the floating debris around us. My heart started beating uncontrollably as I thought about the worst. No, I can't think like that. I'll find him...no. I HAVE to find him. I started to follow the source of his power through the debris field. I'll be honest, being alone in space with debris all around you is kinda creepy. I get a sense of solitude. As I was closing in on the power source, I accelerated. I saw pulses of light come from over an asteroid.

     A genuine smile spread on my face as I went over the asteroid

     A genuine smile spread on my face as I went over the asteroid. I had found him!

...

     My smile slowly faded as I looked around. This is where I feel his power the most, so why isn't he here? I saw the pulse of light again and went closer. I grabbed the source of the light and inspected it. 

... 

     No way. This is a CPU core. It's Mike's CPU core. A drop of his blood is inside it. If he doesn't have this...then does that mean he's dead? No...no...that's not possible! I won't accept it! I quickly returned to the scout ship and we returned to the Akula. I got to the bridge and told Histoire about the situation. We were all wondering where he was. Feeling defeated, I returned to my quarters and went to sleep. I hope that we find Mike soon.