Trapped (1 month later)

I was at the Basilicom, in Plutia's room playing a Mortal Zombat X tournament with Plutia and Anna. I was winning until Plutia did a brutality move that instantly killed me.

-"Dammit." I said quietly.

-"Hey, come on Mike! That was just the first round! You still have a chance!" Plutia said.

     I grabbed the controller again and chose a different character. I chose Zohnny Cage and started the match. I could tell that Plutia was going easy on me. I won the round and chose Zohnny Cage again. I saw the look of confidence on Plutia's face. The round started. Somehow, I performed a fatality without even knowing the buttons. After the animation I got up to leave, but then I heard the game say something else.

-"Flawless Victory." The game said.

-"Wow, nice job Mike! When did you learn how to play so well?" Anna asked.

-"I don't know, it just kinda happened." I said.

-"Looks like Lady Luck was on your side again."

-"I guess so." 

-"Another round!" Plutia said.

-"Sure why no-" 

-"I'm afraid not." I was interrupted by Histy before I could finish.

-"What? Whyyyyyyyyy?" Plutia said sadly.

-"Because our scouts have spotted something on the outside of Eden's borders and want you to check it out Mike." Histy said.

-"On my way." I said.

-"What about our game Mike?" Plutia asked sadly.

-"Later, if Eden's stirring up a fight again, I wanna know." I said, leaving the room.

     I got in my car and drove to the Planeptune border. They let me out on Histoire's orders. I kept driving until I was one kilometer from Eden borders. I soon heard the sound of an engine and observed. It's a convoy. The same convoy that Histoire described. I followed in my car from a safe distance. I set the auto-drive on and looked through my x-ray specs. The main truck was carrying some sort of cargo. Couldn't confirm what though. I went in front of them and parked. They stopped in front of me.

-"Hey! What are you doin' out here!?" The driver asked, getting out of the truck.

-"Must be a very important delivery if you need a whole convoy, kinda overkill don't ya think?" I said.

-"What? Look, what are you doin' here?"

-"What else?" I said as I activated the short range E.M.P..

     Everyone seemed to notice their equipment had no power. They turned to me. One of them spoke up.

-"What the fuck are you looking for stranger?!...Trouble?" He said in a threatening tone.

-"Mister, I will say this only once, back up a few steps if you wish to remain healthy, thanks." I said.

-"Okay, now you've started it!" He yelled.

-"Okay."

     I walked up to him with my hands in my pockets. This is the perfect opportunity to try out my new "Berserk Chip". I've been working on this for a while now. It's something that I attach to a person's skin and that would make them attack anyone in sight. They would lose all ability to reason and have a desire purely to kill. But there's a catch they would instantly die after 1 minute. He had his fists up and I slapped him with the chip in my palm. I quickly ran behind my car again. I peeked over to see him grabbing his head. He stopped suddenly and let out a cry of rage. He turned and saw the others. He immediately pulled out his gun and started going wild. Once he ran out of ammo, he just charged towards them. He beat the shit out of everyone there. No one wanted to shoot him because he was their friend. Heh, fucking idiots. If you must kill to survive, you kill. Eventually, they were all dead and he turned towards me. I wasn't worried though. He had 10 seconds to live anyway. He ran towards me and stopped right in front of me. He melted on the spot. I simply walked over to the truck, attached the tow cable to my car and drove back to the border. Not even 10 seconds after I started driving, the truck exploded, sending me flying out the windshield. I landed on my back and didn't have the energy to get up. I saw fighter jets fly overhead. They were probably mad at me. Using what little strength I had left, I crawled over to the back of the truck and opened the doors. I saw that the cargo was a small glowing orb. I heard the jets coming back around and quickly got inside the back. The orb seemed to be attracted to me. Every time I'd push it away, it'd come a bit closer until eventually, it was right beside me. It seemed like it was intent on getting as close to me as possible. I let it go next to me and it just hovered there, waiting for something. I went to pick it up and put it in my pocket, but as soon as I touched it, it stuck to my hand. Wait, I've heard stories like this before. This is a CPU core! Seeing as it didn't go directly into me, it was stable. I had experimented on these before but never got past a few hours of research before it would just hide from me. From what I could tell, these things were sentient. I knew what it wanted to do, I placed it on my chest and it started phasing through me. Due to the fact that it was stable, it didn't hurt at all. I felt myself fall to the side. My vision was fading and I was going unconscious. 

...

...

...

I awoke to bright lights being shined in my face. My eyes slowly opened and my vision slowly returned to reveal that two robotic arms were holding me against a vertical table in some sort of lab. I heard one of the doctors speak into his audio log.

-"Dr. Brainwave's log: 87.839
4 hours and 28 minutes after the infusion of a CPU core, test subject #00381 awakes on my table. Although, the lights may have helped him wake up, if not then I will abandon my old theory. I am about to begin amplifying his systems to raise combat efficiency. My goal for this test is to augment his capabilities by at least 50%. If it does not go as planned, I will merely have to go on to another test subject. I will have to proceed with caution." He said.

-"What? Who are you? Where am I? What are you going to do to me?!" I asked.

-"Don't worry, you'll be asleep for the augmentations. But awake for the tests. First one begins now. Scrambler! Initiate infusion of stress augmentation, level 3 intensity!" He ordered.

     I saw someone else walk over to a control panel and activate something. Two beam guns rose from the floor and fired at me. Immense pain surged through me. Though the pain was brutal, I felt more resilient when the beam guns deactivated. He said something about stress augmentation. What exactly does that mean? Am I capable to handle more stress? Or is it the reverse? Whatever. The "Dr. Brainwave" kept initiating tests through the rest of the day. Each one being less painful than the last. Eventually he called again.

-"Scrambler! Do the first one again, I want to see something." He said.

     The beams activated again. But this time, there was no pain, I just felt raw energy pulsing within my blood. Like every drop of blood being pumped through my heart was stronger! The doctor seemed very impressed.

-"We will have to increase the intensity again if we want to see better results. Scrambler, let's go." He said.

-"What? Where are you going? And I thought you said I'd be asleep for the augmentations." I said.

-"You will only be put asleep for a select few augmentations but you will be awake for the rest. The tests are finished for today, I'll come by tomorrow and perform more. Get some rest, there isn't much time to." he said as he left with "Scrambler".

     I was left in the room with the machines...and a choice. This guy obviously has plans for me. These things he's doing with the beams, it increases my strength in different ways. I feel something though. Every time he hits me with the beams, a picture is presented in front of me. It's incomplete and blurry so I have no idea what it is yet. But I get a bad feeling about it. What could it be? An indication for the future? Something to help me increase my power even further? Or something else? Whatever that picture is, I must be ready.

Plutia P.O.V.

     It's been a while since he's come back. I wonder if he's okay. Meh. I probably shouldn't be worrying that much about it. I'm sure he's okay...hopefully.