Does This Count? (5 days later)

Mike P.O.V

     The reconstruction efforts have finally entered the final phase. All that was left, was the fortification of our border's walls. To avoid any further invasion from standard military, I ordered that our walls be made out of the strongest metal in our disposal. I also gave the builders the budget to construct turrets and flak cannons in case any of the attacks get out of hand. Knowing Anonydeath, he wouldn't give up until Planeptune was his for the taking. I wasn't going to let that happen. But now wasn't the time to be thinking about that, ever since we confessed to each other, Plutia has become MUCH closer to me. I mean, I'm not complaining, I like being around her, but sometimes I feel as if she's going all out yandere. Plutia and I are out in the completely repaired shopping district of the capital. She's just going wherever she sees something interesting. I, on the other hand, am trying to find a part that would complete my newest creation. Long ago, I proposed to the company the idea of making an artificial gravity generator. Now, nearly 14 years later, I am almost done creating something that could control the gravity of a selected area of my choosing. I wear it almost like a glove, although the lab boys proposed the idea of implanting it in my brain. I declined the idea since it would be too dangerous as it had the possibility of completely frying your brain. I was taken away from my daydreaming from Plutia who was pulling my arm.

-"Come ON Mike! Hurry up! Quit stargazing!" Plutia said.

-"Oh! Right, sorry Plutia. Just thinking about something." I said.

-"Like what?"

-"The gravity distorter."

-"*grunt* Can you let go of that sciency thingy already?" She said, a bit annoyed.

-"Me completing its construction will mean that we can rebuild anything faster Plutia."

-"I guess that's true...but still! We haven't been able to have some time together ever since you restarted your work on that!"

-"Don't worry Plutia, what I'm looking for is the final piece of the puzzle. Once I have it, it'll fit right in, then we have all the time in the world to do whatever you want." I said reassuringly.

-"Well, okay. If we're doing this together, I might as well help you. So what are we looking for?" 

-"5 pounds of uranium to power it."

-"5 pounds of what?"

-"Never mind, the point is that it's a rare earth element and we need to buy it off miners. Unfortunately, it's not cheap, costing 120 credits per pound." 

-"So? We can afford that can't we?" 

-"Not exactly, you see, the company isn't letting me use the nation's budget. I can only use the credits in my pockets. I've gotta complete some quests to collect some more. That's why I brought you along, I was hoping you could help me with this."

-"Sure! Sounds like fun! Which one are we doing first?"

-"I'd rather have something with a good enough reward to cover it completely, even if it proves to be difficult."

-"Fiiiiine."

     We entered the guild and picked out the quest that seemed the easiest to do with the biggest payout, 750 credits. That was more than enough to cover it.

3 HOURS LATER

     We returned to the guild with the requested item and claimed our prize. I'd split the extra 150 credits between us. We both went over to the mineral plant and bought 5 pounds of uranium off them for 600 credits, the expected price.