The Core

Mike P.O.V.

     It was eerily quiet in the somber halls of this place. While I was walking forwards, Plutia and Anna didn't seem to be holding up too well. The harvester's activation has been affecting them. I tried to think of what I could use to help them. What makes me immune? Well, obviously it's because Anonydeath infused me with something that went in my blood that made...me...

...Why was I so stupid? If I give them some of my blood, the affect of my immunity should travel through them too!

-"Hold up, into this medical bay." I said.

-"Why?" Anna asked, tired.

-"I just thought of a way to help your current problem." I said.

-"What do you mean?" Plutia asked.

-"I'll explain later, just get in here!" I said to them.

     They entered the room and I checked the hallway before closing the door.

-"Alright both of you lay down on the beds." I said.

-"Oh, Mike. I didn't know that you desired to do that so soon, and here of all places. But if that's what gets your motor running, I'm ready for you~." Plutia said seductively, obviously teasing me.

-"Just lay down already." I said, not amused.

     They both laid down.

-"So what are you doing Mike?" Anna asked.

-"It's just a idea, but I think I found a way to make you two immune to harvesters." I said.

-"How so?" Plutia asked.

-"Anonydeath made me immune to the harvester's energy because he injected something into my blood when he created me. So, I believe that giving you two my blood would also make you immune." I explained.

-"It's worth a shot." Anna said.

-"Injecting anesthesia now." I said as the medicine flowed from the tubes into their arms.

     The first step was to remove two liters of blood from myself, one liter for each. My blood could naturally regenerate itself over time but I have to give enough to these two that the immunity actually mixes and blends with their current blood compound. I stabbed the over-sized needle into my arm and two liters of my blood went into a beaker that I connected a tube to. I took a second to adjust to the sudden blood loss. That felt like a pump sucking out my blood from the inside. I don't wanna have to do that again, I better not fuck this up somehow. I started with Anna and inserted the needle into her left wrist. I switched on the pump and the blood traveled slowly through the tube into her. I waited a few seconds to see if there was any short term effects.

...

     Didn't seem like anything was happening. I went over to Plutia and inserted the needle into her left wrist as well. I was about to turn on the pump when I heard the door sliding open. I quickly turned and powered up my weapon but held fire once I saw who it was. Our troops managed to get this far inside and some of them were continuing the descent. A small squad approached and saluted.

-"Sir, all floors up until now have been completely cleared out. Although we are having a bit of trouble breaching through the door now. High security was activated and now every door has been infused with shares, even this one. We had to hack the panel to open it." A soldier said.

-"What about our air support, their shells can drill down here, can't they?" I asked, activating the blood pump for Plutia.

-"We're too deep underground for the drills on the shells to reach us sir. We left the operational radius."