Chapter 27: Care to explain?

Crystal's P.O.V

Usually walking down the street in the middle of the night with cold rain finding it's way down your clothes might be depressing and uncomfortable. But right now, I was in heaven. And all thanks to the handsome boy next to me, who I can finally call my boyfriend.

His hand was holding mine, a dreamy look in his eyes as he gazed down at me. I probably looked the same, all soft and girly, but right now, I didn't even care. All I cared about was him.

Niall's P.O.V

Looking down at the beautiful girl walking next to me, her hand intwined with mine, I probably looked like a love-sick idiot. To think that only a mere 3 hours ago she was just a girl I had a massive crush on. And then that happened.

*Flashback*

"Hey girl" I said, sitting down next to Crystal. She was sitting outside her room, probably waiting for that black-haired dude to finish showering. Thinking of that guy made me so angry. I don't want any guys near her. Can't she see how jealous it makes me? Thinking about it, I've never really been the overprotective, jealous type. She brings out both the best and the worst in me.

"Hey Ni. What's up?"  She asked, looking at me with a smile. I wanted to melt right there. Is it even possible for someone to be so attractive? Her soft brown hair, which had previously been hidden under a purple beanie, was now in a tight ponytail. I could see the streaks of blue running through it. Her eyes had that hint of mischeiviousness that seemed to always be there. All in all, she looked good. Mouthwatering even.

I told her about our day. We had been recording our next single, a song called Best Song Ever. Well, today only Harry and Zayn had been recording.  Liam, Louis and myself had just goofed around, listening to music through our headphones really loudly and playing tag in he hallway. I swear, half of the people working in the studio hate us. They say we're 'Bratty and noisy teenagers who don't know the meaning of calmness'.

I heard the shower being turned off, and I guess she did too, because she stood up and exaggeratedly brushed some invisible dust off her clothes. I laughed at her silliness. She opened the door, but not before throwing me a small smile. I felt myself melt even more.

I didn't bother getting up from the floor as I was thinking about our encounter. I heard voices talking in her room. Feeling curious, I pressed my ear against the wall, trying to hear what they were saying.

"Don't you think I didn't see the look you gave the blonde boy." I could hear a bit high pitched but still masculine voice say. That's definately the boy. But what was he talking about? What look?

"Okay, so I may have kinda feelings for him...." I could hear an angelic voice say. What? Feelings? No, I must've heard wrong. Crystal doesn't like me that way. She's too good for me.

"What kind of feelings?" The dude, Phil if I remember correctly asked. Why was he asking that? Does he like her? It's impossible not to, but still. I don't want anyone near her. I have to get her first.

"I kinda fancy him... a lot....." I heard her whisper. It took me a few seconds to process what was just said. My mind was on overflow. I needed to get out of here. Breathing in sharply, I took off running, hitting my arm on a cupboard standing in the hallway. Just as I turned around the corner, I heard the door open. She saw me. Picking up the speed, I kept running towards the park.

*Flashback over*

I had sat down by the lake, wanting to keep my thoughts together. But that didn't happen. I heard a crunch and quickly turned around. There she stood. Her hair wet from the rain I only now noticed was pouring from the sky. I stood up, still looking at her. She started to walk closer, one step at a time, as if I would run again. She was about to move closer again when I stopped her.