Chapter 30: I Love You

Crystal's P.O.V

I pressed another kiss on Niall's lips as he held me close. The feeling was as good as the first time, maybe even better.

"Wanna go to get some lunch?" He asked me as we broke apart. I nodded briefly before closing the distance again. He chuckled slightly into my mouth.

I love this man.

I got the realization two days ago when we were driving to the beach. I know, not some romantic place, but at that moment the way the wind breezed through his hair, ruffling it and the way the sun made him glow behind the wheel and his eyes were shining bright and I just though that man, I love this guy. I kinda freaked out though. How can I love a dude I have only just met?

I ignored him for the rest of the day in fear that I would blurt it out. What if he doesn't love me or even like me anymore? Scratch that, I know he doesn't love me. Only idiots fall in love so fast. When you fall so soon that your wings haven't even grown yet, you are bound to get hurt. And I can't take that chance. I can't drop the strong girl I am for love. What even is love?

I turned my back so he wouldn't see my frown and started walking towards his rented car. He grabbed my hand and intertwined is fingers with mine as to remind me he was there too.  The small gesture made me smile and I added a little bounce to my step.

We were going to be in Australia only for five days more, no need to be sulking. The boys were off catching kangaroos or something but me and Niall decided to take a day off sightseeing and just relax. And let me tell you, I haven't been disappointed. Smooching with this hot guy? Yes please. 

"So what are you going to do about you family?" Niall asked in a careful tone, as if waiting for me to blow up or something.

"I think I'm going to go see them when we get back. Might as well, I guess." I sighed. I hope my... family  is nice. I don't know what to expect. Are they the typical family? What does my brother think about me barging into their life? I took a few deep breaths to prevent a total freak-out.

"Hey, I'm here for whatever you do, okay? I can come with you if you'd like?" He noted.

Did I tell you I love this boy.

How can I not.

But instead of saying that, I reached over my seat and put my hand on his knee, squeezing it lightly to let him know I appreciated it. He glanced at me and returned his eyes back to the road, but not before resting his hand on top of mine and intertwining our hands with that cute 'lil smile on his face.

The park was huge, and I mean absolutely gigantic. It'll take the whole day to explore, thank god it's sunny.

After getting lunch we bought a map and started out journey.There was a lake in the middle of it all. The lake had swans and ducks and Koi fish, we rented a water bike to see them closer.

Hint: don't ever go water bike riding with Niall, it's a really bad idea. He fucking splashed me! To be honest I think he did it so my shirt would get wet and become see-through, that horny boy.

There were different museums, too, but we only visited the nature one with shark tanks and ant nests and stuff. My new fave fish is a stingray, they remind me of Aladdins flying carpet. I also learned that Niall is afraid of sea urchins, apparently he had stepped on one when he was young. My lil' idiot.

And we really just relaxed, I mean, that was the main goal of this trip. We sat curled up under a big oak tree with his head on my lap and my hands brushing through his hair. I was in heaven and he was my angel.

"I love you so fucking much" I muttered absemindedly. I didn't even register I had said something until I felt Niall freeze under me.

Oh fuck.

Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck.

I just couldn't keep my mouth shut, could I. I'm a fucking idiot.

"What did you just say?" He broke the silence that was quickly becoming awkward. His voice, I can't describe it. I had no idea what he was feeling, and thinking back at it I don't think I still do.

"I...uh...I mean, I....umm..." I said, well tried to say. My voice got stuck in my throat, like I literally could not speak. Why in the world would I tell him that?

Niall sat up and looked away, his hands gripping the grass tightly. It was like he couldn't even bear to look at me and that hurt. I licked my lips in anticipation of what he was gonna do.

"I gotta go." He mumbled before standing up and quickly making his way through the people sprawled out on the ground sunbathing. I felt my eyes widen and a small sob escape my throat. Of all the things he could've done, all the reactions I had expeted, this wasn't one of them. No, I didn't even consider that Niall could just walk away like that.

How could he? I told him I loved him and he just walks away like he doesn't care. He should've at least stayed and told me he doesn't love me back. That would've hurt much less than what I'm feeling right now.

I grabbed my hair, pulling at it from the roots. The pain, the disbelief, the frustration I was feeling was all swirled up in my stomach, creating a big ball of fire that was burning my insides. I always thought the romance movies were exaggerating, that you couldn't possibly have THAT much heartbreak. Now I know I was wrong. I couldn't think straight and it was all because of one boy.

I stood up and grabbed my phone, knowing exactly who to call in these situations. I am so lucky Ellie had a modeling gig in Australia the same time we were here. I heard her chirp a happy 'hello' when she answered, which only made my mood worse.

"Hi, Eleanor? I kind of need you right now, where are you?"

"Hey, what happened? I'm at the, um, Seashell Mall, where are you?"

"I'll tell you when I see you, could we meet up?"

"Of course, meet me at the Starbucks on the corner of 4th and Fremont street in 20 minutes, is that okay?"

"Yeah, it's fine. See you there"

I turned on my GPS and started walking, rubbing my temples at the headache that was already starting to grow.

Who could've thought I would turn into a hot mess over a silly boy who ran when I confessed my love? What has happened to me?

Maybe kids are right. Maybe boys really do have cooties.

=============================================================================

Hi guys!!!! Wow, it has been a long time since I last updated. I told you I would update with long breaks though, so put your torches and pitchforks down. 

What did you think of this chapter? What do you think is going to happen? Leave your answers in the comments below, you know how much I love reading them.

So bye for now, I love you all so much :')

Talk to you again in the next chapter!

BUH BYEEEEEE

~Kristel