What's happening to me? - Part 12

Seth awoke to an empty bed. He could hear the shower running, so he guessed that Dean was having a shower before work. Roman was still sleeping on the other bed, but he started to stir awake when Seth threw a pillow at him.

Roman groaned in annoyance from being woken up, but soon lost the attitude when he saw the worried look on Seth's face.

"What's up Seth?" Roman asked, wiping his tired eyes.

"I need to talk to you about something, sorry to wake you but Dean's in the shower so this is the only chance I've got." Seth replied, fiddling with his hands.

"Sure, you can talk to me about anything. What's wrong?"

"Well, I kind of um, like Dean." Seth said shyly, looking down at his moving hands.

"What do you mean?" Roman already knew the answer, but he thought talking about it more would help Seth.

"I think I like his as more than a friend." Seth replied.

"That's cool I guess, I mean, you just got out of a bad relationship so you might be a bit all over the place with who you're into, but if you're sure then I think you should go for it. I'd love to tell you that Dean likes you back, but we haven't had a conversation in ages, so I'm not sure." Roman sighed.

"I know that I like him and I'm not confused, I'm just scared of him not liking me back."

"Well, you won't know until you ask. I'm sure it'll be fine." Roman smiled. "Anyway, I'm gonna order some breakfast for all of us and then I'll head down to the gym, so that you and Dean can have some alone time."

"Okay." Seth said awkwardly.

"Oh, and by the looks of what happened last night, I think he's into you." Roman smirked.

"Shut up." Seth said, slightly embarrassed. "But thanks for your help."

"No problem. That's what friends are for." Roman replied.

Dean got out of the shower once breakfast had arrived. They all ate their breakfast rather quickly. Dean was a little concerned about Seth, he hadn't spoken to him all morning. He just hoped he wasn't upset about the kiss last night, maybe it was a bit rushed.

After breakfast, Roman made his way to the gym and left Dean and Seth alone in the hotel room.

"Hey Seth, why are you so quiet today? Is it because of last night?" Dean asked, not wanting things to be awkward between them.

"No, it's got nothing to do with that, I promise." Seth replied.

"Then what's wrong? I hate it when you're so quiet." Dean asked, sitting next to his friend.

"Um, I don't really know how to tell you." Seth sighed. "It's kind of hard to say."

"You can tell me anything, you know that." Dean smiled.

"Yeah, but I don't know if I can tell you this. I'm scared of your reply."

"There's nothing to be scared of. I'm not gonna murder you for talking to me." Dean laughed.

Seth didn't know what to do. He knew that Dean wouldn't stop bugging him until he got an answer from the younger man. It was now or never.

"I like you." Seth blurted out, expecting Dean to lash out at him.

"I like you too man, you're my best friend." Dean smiled, not understanding what Seth meant.

"No, I mean, I like you a lot." Seth emphasized. "Like, more than a friend."

"Wait, I don't understand what you mean."

"I want you to be my boyfriend." Seth rushed out, feeling sick.

"Oh, Seth I, isn't it a bit rushed? You just broke up with Jason, maybe you're confused-"

"I'm not confused! I know who I like and who I don't like." Seth was getting  upset, was Dean really rejecting him?

"Look, maybe we should wait a few weeks until we're both ready. I've only just started talking to you again, recently."

"I knew this would happen, this is why I didn't wanna tell you." Seth cried out, standing up and rushing out of the hotel room.

Dean didn't chase after him, he was in too much shock. He couldn't believe that Seth actually liked him. No one had liked him like that for so long. The kiss last night actually meant something, to both of them.

But Dean said no.

What was he thinking? He liked Seth too and he was more than ready to date him. Why did he say no?

Seth didn't know what to do or where to go. He had expected this to happen, but at the same time he wasn't expecting this at all. He trusted Roman's judgment, but he was wrong. Dean didn't like him like that.

It was hard to understand everything that was going on. Seth was in a trance of self hate and disgust, as he walked down the crowded streets, in search of a place to go.

He hadn't thought about the aftermath of rejection. He should have thought of a place to hide at, whilst he grieved Dean's non-existing love for him. There was nowhere for him to go, except the one place he knew all too well. Home.

Seth ran to his previous house and hoped that Jason wasn't there. He needed to be alone right now. He had thought about what he was going to do, when he was strolling the streets and he had his mind set on one thing.

He needed to get rid of the problem.