Do you feel my skin? - Part 17

This is really short, I apologize for that but I am only describing one event in this chapter. The first part is really sad and I cried whilst writing it, but I promise you that it's not all sad! Just read to the end and I know you will be happy about what happens haha! Thanks for reading and enjoy! :)

Things didn't improve much over the next three weeks and during the sixth week, Seth took a turn for the worse.

The doctors had tried to take him off of the ventilator another two times, but Seth would only be able to breathe on his own for less than a minute, before needing assistance. His internal burns however, were still healing well.

Dean had been attending numerous meetings with the doctors, to help decide what the best option was for Seth. He matched the criteria of the contract Roman had signed a few weeks prior. No signs of improvement.

What happened next to Seth was now up to Dean, and the idea of turning Seth's machine off tortured his soul.

On Wednesday 12th August 2015, Dean was forced to make a decision.

With his head in his hands and his tears falling freely, Dean made the decision to turn off the ventilator. It was one of the worst things he had ever said, but it had to be done.

Roman made a phone call to Hunter, telling him about what was about to happen and the Authority rushed over to the hospital to be by Seth's bedside in his final minutes of life.

Dean was sobbing and shaking as he held Seth's hand. The doctors were preparing for the horrible task of taking someone's life. The room was very tense and manic, but it would soon be peaceful.

Doctor Marakett walked over to the side of Seth's bed and placed a gentle hand on Dean's shoulder.

"Are you ready?" Marakett asked quietly.

Dean stalled for a moment before simply nodding. He then leaned down and placed a loving kiss on Seth's forehead.

"I'm so sorry." Dean whispered into Seth's ear. "I love you so much. I always have and I always will. Dead or alive."

Wanting to be as close to Seth as possible, Dean kept a hold of his hand and looked down at his face. It would be the last time he saw that beautiful face.

Doctor Marakett and two female nurses, turned off the ventilator and untaped the attaching tube from Seth's mouth. The tube attached to the heart monitor however, was kept in place.

The heart monitor beeped at a steady pace for a few seconds. Dean counted 32, before it became one loud beep. Seth was dead.

Dean burst out into a flood of tears once again and collapsed against his lover's bedside, holding his hand and giving it one last kiss. Everything was over for Dean, he couldn't take living without Seth.

Roman and the Authority were crying, quietly in the corner. Most of them were looking away from Seth's bed, not wanting to see his dead body. Roman was the only one paying attention to the loud, long beep of the heart monitor.

It mocked him, whilst he stood there watching the machine. The beep seemed like it would never end, until...

Beep

Beep

Beep

Dean and Roman both looked at the monitor in shock. Seth was breathing on his own.

The doctors were just as shocked as everyone else in the room. This had never happened before. Doctor Marakett was convinced that the heart monitor would flatline again, thinking that it was a technical glitch. But it didn't.

Seth's chest was gently rising and falling with every breath he took.

"Seth?" Dean whispered, his tears stopping for a moment before continuing in a form of happiness. "Seth, baby?"

"Mr Rollins is still in a coma I'm afraid, but it is clear to see that he is breathing perfectly on his own, without any help." Marakett smiled.

"H-he he's alive?" Hunter asked, in complete surprise. He couldn't believe what he was seeing, and neither could anybody else.

It was a miracle. The power of Dean's love. Seth must have heard him speak when he was in his coma. The simple 'I love you' from Dean, gave him a reason to stay alive.

Seth may have still been in a bad condition, but he was breathing on his own. He was alive and that's all that mattered to Dean.