2 | the simplicity

Draco found himself walking Astoria back to her dorm

"Won't you be punished for walking close to a girl's room?" She asked, concerned.

It was quiet in the Hogwarts halls as everyone was already asleep or heading to their rooms. Astoria managed to sneak Draco out to the courtyard for a little bit and they talked.

And boy, did he need that.

He didn't budge at all in Astoria's attempts for a conversation but she didn't give into it.. So instead, she talked for him.

She told him about her life back home which he was quite jealous of, considering that her family was somewhat kind. She talked about not believing in separation of bloods and that muggles being wizards doesn't change anything, considering her family bloodline all believed that muggles were no one and should remain away from the wizarding world.

She continued on talking about how everyone bullies her especially the Gryffindors and RavenClaws. He'd asked her about the Hufflepuffs and she responded that she never had a bad interaction with one before.

His heart sank a bit when she said that the scar on her right elbow had been from a Slytherin who bumped into her causing it to hit a table and land on a glass. His heart sank even more because he was that Slytherin.

Astoria stood by her doorframe and turned back to Draco with a heart warming smile.

Draco didn't return one.

"Good night, Draco," she whispered, before closing her bedroom door.

He gulped.

~

"Who is that?" Pansy asked Draco.

As they walked along the Hogwarts halls, they happened to spot a familar brunette, walking happily as students of different houses raised an eyebrow or two.

Draco groaned. "Someone you don't want to know."

That didn't help Pansy's curiosity over who he was talking to just yesterday. Draco rolled his eyes and snapped his fingers. Crabe and Goyle instantly emerged next to him.

Draco cleared his throat. "Crabe, Goyle. You're loyal beasts, aren't you?" They instantly nodded their heads. "Good. I need you to find some more information on a girl named Astoria Greengrass."

The pair mumbled with each other. Draco shot his head behind them and had an exasperated emotion on his face. "What?" He asked, annoyed.

Goyle was the first to speak up. "We can get you a bit of information, Draco. B-B-But a full report would mean we'd have to sneak into the headmaster's office."

Draco smiled— a quite peculiar smile, one might say. "Oh, you fail to amuse me my friends." Draco gave a stifle laugh as he put his arms around his friends, "Then let's go sneak into that bloody office."