25 | all good things come to an end

"PLEASE TELL ME when," Astoria pleaded Liam. 

"She's not going to stop until she knows," Draco warned, passing by the two to get a snack. 

Liam arrived to the newlywed's home four days after their wedding. They decided against a honeymoon, wanting to wait till Astoria was finished with school. Well... That's what Astoria thought. It was last day of April. Unbeknownst to her, the real reason they couldn't have a honeymoon was because Draco Malfoy needed to be here. Near Hogwarts. 

And she had no idea why. 

"I want to wait till the perfect time." Liam answered truthfully. 

"And when may the perfect time be?" She asked. 

Once again, Liam rolled his eyes and laughed. He started to head his way out, grabbing his coat. 

"No! Don't go, tell me when!" Astoria pleaded. She resembled a child asking for candy. 

"Astoria, if I had a date myself, I'd love to tell you," he put on his coat, ready for the windy climate outside, "but I just don't, okay?"

Astoria grunted. "Fine, I'll lay low a tad. But I expect to be the first one you tell." She smiled coyly. 

Liam nodded. "Draco, you up for drinks with the rest of us later tonight?" 

Draco looked away from his half eaten lunch. "Thought you guys aren't old enough to drink!" He hollered. 

"Yeah, true. Why not Broomsticks at 7? Dinner on me." Draco shouted a yes and before Astoria could protest that she wanted to go Liam stopped her. "And, Cassandra will come over later." Astoria closed her mouth to a thin line. 

"Well played, Feyre," she crossed her arms and pretended to act like a child who was disappointed that she couldn't get what she wanted. 

Liam messed the top of her hair up and left before Astoria could scold him. 

~

"OH MY GOSH, I don't know!" 

The trio laughed in the lively restaurant. The Sunday Swarm, the rush hour for The Three Broomsticks, made the restaurant louder than usual. It was usually a more quiet and simple place to eat and maybe hang with your friends. But on Sundays, it was lively with energy. 

"I'm telling you mate," David began, "I've known her for four years and all these guys liked her and she never showed any interest. But to you she did." 

"How many guys liked her, exactly?" Liam asked. 

David rolled his eyes and Draco laughed. 

"Take if from a married man, keep the proposal small," Draco said. 

"But Draco, you and Astoria were like the picture of love. Even in spell, Astoria somewhat recognized you. You sick lovebirds spend like every minute together. Liam knows the love is mutual but their love hasn't been that deeply tested.  Also, no offense, but you literally proposed to her in front of her other fiancee, I don't think there was time for something grand in general." David spit back. 

Draco laughed and applauded David for his impressive comeback. "Point taken, mate." The two of them seemed to have not noticed how silent Liam was. They looked back at their brooding friend. 

"She's not going to say ' no '," said Draco, taking a sip of his cold butterbeer, a seasonal drink. 

"I know," Liam said truthfully, "but I'm still nervous."