14 | darkness

this chapter is shorter then the rest but you will understand why at the end.

__________

ASTORIA DID NOT know where she was.

She opened her groggy eyes, greeting the dark room around her. The walls of the haunted place were white which seemed odd for her. As if she remembered this place. A bed was placed in front of her. It had a white headboard and pink sheets. The arrangement around her was fit for a queen.

Oh no.

She knew exactly where she was.

The Van Daskni Mansion. She remembered the room they fit for her since she use to come over all the time. It was different now, there were no more dolls and magazines fit for a twelve year old. It was suburban for a fifteen year old, like herself.

She felt cloth being wrapped around her wrist on the wooden chair and her feet wrapped as well. There was nothing in front of her mouth. Not that it was necessary, the nearest house from here was five miles away.

No one would hear her. And her wand was gone, not feeling it in her boot where she always put it. She struggled against the tightly bound fabric around her wrists.

Suddenly, the door opened and no other then Richard Van Daskni waltzed in. His blue eyes glazed at her and his slicked brown hair still stayed the same as if there had been no change to him since a three years ago.

She tried releasing her arms and desperately trying to push against the cloth. "Don't bother."

Chills went up her spine hearing his voice again. "It's enchanted with a spell making it impossible to move."

Astoria let out a humorous laugh. "I will take my chances." She tried even harder, not noticing Richard pulling out his wand. He slowly drew out his wand and walked ever so slowly to Astoria.

Just when he was right in front of her did she finally look up at him. He was so close to her face that she could hear his heavy breathing.

"Now, Astoria. Listen closely," he started.

Before he knew it, a chair had hit him in the face, knocking him down. Seeing that he was out for a few seconds, Astoria jumped up and landed hard on the ground, breaking the chair. The cloth around her wrists were loose as she quickly got her hands away from it. She was barefoot as she tried to run to the door. She had to take off you boots in order to not be bound by the cloth around her ankles.

Her entire back felt as if it were on fire since it had hurt from the wood when she landed. Halfway across the gigantic room she had her hand out for the doorknob when suddenly she flew and crashed right into the wall.

She hurt so badly and she could not move, the impact of the wall to hard. She felt something slide off her nose and something wet by her head. She could not feel her right leg for some reason. Her vision was blurry but she could see a faint Richard looking down at Astoria.

He had a mischievous grin and he drew his wand out and pointed it to her. "Crucio."

Astoria let out a non human scream as she felt her head split open. Her chest felt like fire had been set in it. Her back and legs felt as if someone poured toxic acid onto it and was burning the skin alive. The bottoms of her feet felt as if it were being stabbed numerous times as her hands tried to hold onto something to comfort her in this unbearable pain. But her hands felt like they were burning alive.

She screamed for hours upon hours, every time he would stop the spell, a few minutes later he would begin it again. It was to the point where there was a pool of her own tears beside her and her voice had gone out did he stop. He chuckled at her state and pointed his wand against her head.

"You are going to be the perfect wife, you understand? You are going to be mine and only mine and you will never set foot out of this mansion again, understood?"

But she did not accept it. She promised that she would fight back, for herself. She would never be bound to him, she let that be known.

But before she can try to spit out any words, she was hit with an un-sudden darkness.

"Obliviate."