23 | the one thing

IT WAS DEAD silent for a second.

The cry let out of the lips of Draco Malfoy, could've been heard miles away, could've quaked mountains and the ground itself. Even the wedding guests who were all perfectly equipped to stop him, sat back in shock over the cry.

The cry that came out of his mouth was the cry for a man fighting for the woman he loves.

And the opening of a certain pair of eyes was the response to his love.

The woman in the white gown looked to her left, towards the man with the sickening cry. And thus, in the most non gracious way, she ran towards him, the train of her dress trying to pull her back to the altar. But she didn't stop, didn't stop from the treasure in front of her.

Everyone in the gardens were too scared to move, too shocked.

And Astoria started to sprint towards Draco and she jumped to him and engulfed him into her arms.

Home.

"Oh my gosh," she whispered into his ear, a faint whimper laced around those words.

He held her tightly, afraid that if he even let go in the slightest, she'd slip out underneath and leave him. That he'd return to the mess he was before.

Ignoring the people around them, Astoria gave a hard kiss against his lips, Draco deepening it by wrapping his arms around her. They broke apart, looking at each other. Tears were already streaming down her cheeks, Draco wiping them away with his thumb.

"I didn't know," Astoria begun, crying, "I felt so lost." She whimpered, holding him tight again.

"I know," Draco said, wrapping his arms around her as well.

"Arrest him!" Richard Van Daskni screamed, pointing at the reunited couple. He stood tall and mighty and the altar, fury in his eyes.

Guards started to appear beside the couple, Draco getting himself into position to defend Astoria.

"No stop right there!" The movement of the guards immediately stopped, as everyone looked at the voice who spoke those four words. It was no other than the priest at the altar.

The man was short, with pale skin and long white robes that looked as if they were weighing him down. He had rounded glasses and moved slowly. Judging from looks, he wouldn't seem as a loud type but everyone was quite shocked when he spoke louder than usual.

There was a podium in front of him and a book. "Can you take this for me?" He held out The Bible and a servant took it and placed it onto the table nearby him.

Inside his robes, he pulled out a long and oak colored wand. He muttered a spell and suddenly, the podium had a large leathered book.

"What in the bloody heck is that?" Richard asked, trying to make a move towards him.

"If I were you, I wouldn't take another step closer to me and take a seat right now." The priest suggested, not even looking up from flipping through the pages of the book. Richard took that as a warning and took a few steps back before sitting down on one of the chairs.

The man continued to flip through the pages. It was so quiet, the only thing that was heard were the rustle of the pages. In front of him, curious people stood from the back, trying to see past the sea of many pastel colors. They all had a similar squint in their faces, trying to get an image of what was happening so far in front of them. Draco was still in fighting position and Astoria was right behind him, cautiously looking around for any signs of danger.

"Well, what is that book?!" A woman hollered from the back row.

Finally the flipping through had stopped. The priest cleared his throat.