Journey To The Past

Swinging the door out, the girl went inside her grandma's room.

"It still smells like her" Rika said sadly.

Reminiscing all the times she had with her grandmother, she thought, 'What if she wasn't really my grandmother?'

She lay on the bed, facing the ceiling. She thought of all the possible answers to her identity.

'I wished I had a book about me or something' she thought, laughing to herself then it occured to her...

"She didn't give it to me for no reason" she muttered and she immediately sat right up.

Tapping her earing twice, the silver sword appeared on her hand.

She discovered it recently, that the earing is somehow connected to the sword. It was just after training and she was sure she kept the sword in her room. It became a habit for her to play with the earing. At that time, she tapped the earing, while she was on her way to the kitchen for water and the sword appeared in a flash.

She stared at the sword, trying to find some clues about her past. "There has to be something here" she muttered as she touched every corner of the sword.

She reached the part of the blade near the handle and it felt somehow rough.

"Ki... kiseki?" Rika read the word encripted on the blade and it emitted a blinding light.

As soon as the light went out, Rika immediately looked at the thing she was holding.

"A diary?"

The diary had the initials NR. "NR? Like Nagashima Rika?" The girl asks herself.

She tries to open it but there was a lock. "Hmmm"

She stared at the lock and the shape was somehow familiar. "Don't tell me..." she muttered as she took off the necklace around her neck and inserted the red stone on the lock causing it to open.

Rika sighed before opening the diary. Somehow, she felt nostalgic. It felt like yesterday, she was writing on the notebook, writing down her day.

Dear Rika,

I know that the time will come that you will forget. You were given the gift of the seer, the gift to see the future.

I know this will happen because of my gift. I will help you remember but I pray that you do not become like me.

You are Nagashima Rika, a half-blood. Yes, you are a half-blood. Your father was a Shiro and your mother was an Aka.

From here on, I will tell you that moments I don't want to forget and later, you will know why I chose to seal it in this diary.

It was cloudy outside, dad and I was training. "You need to be perfect. Vampires will underestimate female leaders. The future leaders of the Aka, Ao, and Kuro will all be men of your age and I will not allow them to belittle you" father told me. "Yes father" I replied. He was a perfectionist and I grew up, always trying to meet his expectations.

"Rika-sama, the suitors have arrived" Chihiro said.

Rika was startled. 'Chihiro? Mayuzumi Chihiro? The one with Seijuro? But why? Why is he here?' The girl thought.

"Go and spend some time with them. The sooner you make your decision, the better." Father said as he turned his back to me and left.

"Let's go?" I told Chihiro and went off to where my suitors should be.

Rika lay on the bed once again, curling to a ball. 'I'm a Shiro' she thought. 'The future leader at that.'

One of my suitors said that he would like to roam around town with me. Of course I agreed. I needed to escape from the mansion even for a few hours, I want time for myself even if I had to stick with these stupid men.

"I wonder if we can catch some Akas here" one of them muttered. Despite being a Shiro, I never really liked the thought of catching and killing Akas. "I hope we can't" I whispered to myself.

"Miss Rika, this necklace would fit you magnificently!" One of the men said while looking through the glass window of a shop. "Shiki-sama, I do not really like jewelries." I turned down the offer politely.

"No, this dress would fit her better than a necklace"

"I am sure this heels would look good on her"

While my suitors were busy arguing, I slowly made my escape despite the heavy dress I was wearing.

I decided that using the alleyway would be better to avoid being seen. So as soon as I saw one, I made a sharp turn and rested my back on the wall. Slowly, I took a look at the place where my arguing suitors were and discovered my disappearance.

I wore a smile until I felt a hand around my neck, lifting me off the ground. I kicked and fought and there I thought 'This is the strength of a man'

I felt my body tremble in fear as the unknown red-head closes the gap between us. "What brought you here?" Was what he said and I was incredibly intimidated. "L-l-let m-me s-speak" I said which sounded quite pathetic as the future leader of the Shiros.

The man let me go and I coughed. "Speak" he said, intently eyeing me from head to toe as if a I was his prey. "I... I was just hiding from my suitors. I will leave immediately." I said and turned my back on him to go back to where I came from but he held my wrist, pulling me back to face him. "You don't smell right" he said and I knew why but I pretended like it's nothing.

"I-isn't the rude to say to a lady?" I said, trying to act innocent. "You are a vampire yet you don't smell like any other bloods." He said. His gaze really makes me uncomfortable. The way his other eye was different from the other, the way his orbs shone against the light, it captivated me.

"Miss Rika! Miss Riiikaaaa!! MISSSSSSSS RIIIKKKAAAAAA!!" shouted the three idiotic men. I sighed.

"There they are. If you would excuse me." I told him and he smirked. "We will meet again, half-blood Rika."