When It Gets Dark

Rika

I stopped reading and closed the notebook. I had this feeling that I remember the location of my old house.

I stood from the bed, but a certain feeling stopped me. I feel so full and alive than before. What is this?

"Maybe your powers will come back along with your memories"

I remembered somone tell me. I can't believe I'm a vampire. A half-blood, Shiro and Aka, the two bloods that has been enemies since I can't remember.

I took the notebook with me and ran out of the grandma's house

"I need to go to MY house" I told myself.

Meanwhile...

Third Person PoV

"Are you sure about this Sei-chan?" Reo asked the red-head whose head is currently clouded with the thought of the girl.

"I kill Tetsuya, and Rika will be safe..." the red-haired vampire whose eyes slowly turned back to normal, losing his composture.

"This is so not like you, Akashi!" Hayama told him. "I waited too long. I searched every corner of the earth for her. I won't lose her this way." Seijuro answered, still with his head down.

"Well the Akashi I know wouldn't believe in such things just because his life is on the line" Nebuya added.

"Do you really think he can see the future? So far, the only person I know who has that ability is Rika-sama." Mayuzumi spoke which made everyone look at him.

"We heard that girl's name even when you are sleeping, so we asked Mayuzumi about her." Hayama confessed.

"Anyway... Do plan to kill your own bestfriend and do what the Bloods want?" Mayuzumi managed to say calmly despite how angry he was inside.

Back to Rika...

I arrived in front of a very huge mansion.

I stared at the huge gate and it all slowly came back to me. I see myself in front of these gates, wanting to ge outside but can't.

I spread my hands to open the gate but the chains broke before I even touched them.

"I'm home..." I muttered as I made my way inside the mansion.

I sat on the couch under a huge chandelier and continued reading the diary.

"I have to do this fast. I can't save those two if I don't know anything"

That night, I couldn't forget the feeling of facing that man.

He intimidated every cell in my body. I even caught myself thinking "I wouldn't mind him ordering me around".

He had the ability to make anyone surrender to his orders. But I knew that as the future leader of the Shiros, I can't allow such acts to be done.

Since then, I've been sneaking out of the mansion, hoping I would see the mysterious Aka.

I know I shouldn't see Akas. I was born to hunt them down and kill them. Dad always told me that they kill humans mercilessly. I never liked the thought of death and the thought of Akas killing humans to live and Shiros hunting Akas.

I wonder what brought dad to love mom who was a Shiro. I never imagined someone as strict as dad to disobey the tradition and fell for mom.

Anyway, there was this stroll in town where I forgot about the time and I just noticed it when it became dark already.

I was just about to run to the mansion, but then I heard a scream. I don't know what happened to me but I knew it was dangerous but I still went to the place where it came from.

What I saw was blood. A lot of it. A pool of blood, and a single blonde girl with a vampire. An Aka.

It was the first time I knew what it was like to see a dump of dead people. In one swift motion, I was able to knock out the male vampire and took the girl with me to safety.

"U-u-um. Who..." the girl muttered, still trembling. She was just around my age. I felt sorry for her. For an innocent girl to see a scene like that.

"What's your name?" I asked her. "N-n-nagashima... Nagashima K-kirika" the girl said.

I felt dizzy after reading it. "Kirika? Na-nagashima K-kirika?" I muttered. That's my grandmother's name. Why is she here? The diary said that she was around my age. But how come?

I saved her? But that should have been 45 years ago! Did I stop growing? Because of my memories?

Wait... If it was because of my memories, Seijuro should have been old too.

"Vampires do not grow old"

________________________

Notes

Hey guys! This is me, the author. I would like to announce that the story is near its ending already.

Everything got kinda messed up, I think. I never really planned any of these just like

●Rika being around 70 years old despite looking like 16
●Mayuzumi being Rika's attendant
●Everything about the sword becoming a diary and the sword popping out of nowhere after tapping the earring

I hope you guys still liked or understood it despite my messy plot.

I would also love to hear your comments or suggestions.