The Meeting

Rika

I decided to continue reading instead. Maybe I can connect everything if I finish this.

"Kirika-chan, I am Rika, Rika Hildevard." I told the trembling girl. "U-u-um, What just happened? Are my friends dead?" She asked me with eyes full of despair.

I thought I could help her out if I could just take the scene out of her head.

I raised my hand to her forehead and entered her head. "Kirika-chan, it's all gonna be alright. Trust me." I whispered inside her head.

It felt like I was literally inside her head and I could see her memories. I chose not to look at anything, I just need to get rid of a certain memory.

I dived deeper into her mind and I saw the familiar scene. She saw how her friends got killed. This scene would probably haunt her forver.

I chanted a short prayer and the memory disappeared. I sighed and made my way out of her mind.

"What did you do, Rika-san?" She asked. "I did some cleaning." I said while smiling at her. "Anyway, let me take you home" I told her and she nodded.

"You're just around my age, right? How come you're not scared at all?" She asked as we walked.

"Promise me you won't run away?" I asked and she nodded. "I'm a vampire" I said.

"But you didn't try to eat me" she said. "There are kinds of vampires. The vampires that feed on humans are Akas, and their minions, the Kuro. While the Shiros and Aos feed on animals. In my case, I'm half Aka and Shiro." I told her as I focus on getting her home. Even though we're of the same age, I still see her as a helpless little girl.

"Can I be your friend?" she asked. I was surpised to hear what she said. A human actually want a vampire as a friend? "I'm afraid you can't" I replied.

"Why not?" She said. "Vampires and humans can't coexist. You'll end up dead if you stick with me. Besides, you won't see me again." I told the girl as we both stopped in front of her house.

I waved at Kirika as I watched her enter their house. I noticed a middle-aged couple waiting outside and it turned out to be her parents.

I wished my parents were like that. With my mom dead and my father being so busy with leading the Shiros, I was always left alone with my attendants.

Finally noticing the time, I decided to go back to the mansion which was my plan from the start.

__________________________

The next day, dad heard about my little stroll in town and about the attack of an Aka.

"Don't you know that you are not allowed to walk around at night? You are not suited for hunting!" He said.

"But dad-"

"Hiroto-sama, the carriage is ready" one of dad's men came in. "You will live with your uncle from now on." Dad simply said and made Chihiro take me out of the room.

'Does he even love me? Can't he just show a bit of loneliness?' I thought.

"Don't worry, I'm still coming with you" Chihiro said as we made our way downstairs to the main door to meet the carriage.

"Arigato, Chihiro. You've been looking out for me since you came here." I told him and he just replied with a bow, waiting for me to enter the carriage.

As I did, the carriage moved and so did the men in horses escorting it.

"Nee, Chihiro. Where are we going exactly?" I asked my friend through the window. "At the top of the mountain, there is a fort. Your uncle lives there to train vampires how to fight and hunt" he replied.

"Oh, that sounds amazing" I said. "I know you will like him. He trained me for 10 years and here I am." He said with a smile, his fangs slightly showing.

_____________________________

"My niece!" Uncle called from afar while Chihiro helps me get down the carriage. "Uncle" I muttered and bowed but instead, he wrapped an arm around my neck.

"Just like your father, eh? Too stiff!" He said with a grin. "Anyway, let's go and talk inside." He said as he dragged me inside the fort.

"Who would think my uncle would be the complete opposite of my father" I said as he toured me around.

"Hahaha! I never imagined my niece to be this lovely!" He complimented. "I see that you like the attendant that I personally chose for you." he added.

"Well, he can be to strict at times." I said told uncle, earning a groan from Chihiro. "I know right? Well, now that you're here, I think you can loosen up without your dad around." uncle said as he led me to the rooftop where we can see the vampires training.

I caught myself wanting to join the group and have a spar "You cant" I heard Chihiro whisper. He knew me too well. "You wanna go down and have a spar, my dear?" uncle asked.

"I... I think Chihiro here would want to" I said. The last time I tried fighting on my own, I lost my mother. Chihiro knew that. And everytime I try to cross swords with someone, the past memories always haunt me.

Chihiro jumped off the roof to the ground to greet his mates and later on, started fighting.